Bromsgrove

What do you want from a model railway shop?
klaatu

Re: Bromsgrove Models

Post by klaatu »

I've just received yet another order from Bromsgrove within 48 hours of ordering - which is the minimum time that anything could get here. While other retailers are having delays and blaming the weather etc, John just seems to get on with it. Not having a local model shop, I have come to regard Bromsgrove Models as mine, even though it's 650 miles away.

Steve
Just playing trains - not a "proper modeller"
BROADTRAIN1979

Post by BROADTRAIN1979 »

Hmm, im still waiting for my 501 fitted 411 cep sound emu, from olivias trains .Doubt i will see it this side of xmas :( :(
Youll never find a 501 like mine.
Hiddle

Post by Hiddle »

Just can't fault the service from Bromsgrove - great communication and fast delivery. Highly recommended if you haven't bought from them
Regards

David
ste234

Post by ste234 »

Well, ordered my NCE Powercab last night, and it should be with me tomorrow morning, great service so far, really helpful in answering queries, will definatley use again when the need arises!
Ste
'Springfield', N gauge Modern Era Layout
rosenblad

Post by rosenblad »

Hiddle wrote:Just can't fault the service from Bromsgrove - great communication and fast delivery. Highly recommended if you haven't bought from them
I agree entirely! Their communication is the best in the business! :D
Carpe Diem!
sishades

Post by sishades »

I buy all of my DCC stuff from them, including my control system. John arranged for someone to build a power supply for me.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again
davejb

Post by davejb »

Well,
here's another boring rec. I wanted an SB3a for my Powercab system, emailed John to ask when they'd be in, got an email right back saying 'tomorrow - order one now and it'll be right back to you' and it was connected up and driving a loco around the track less than 48 hrs later. I suppose John could stick a bar of chocolate in the items he sends out, but I don't see otherwise how he can improve on this service <g>

Dave
ste234

Post by ste234 »

Ordered A wired decoder Wednesday night, took till Saturday to come, but that was the Post's fault!
'Springfield', N gauge Modern Era Layout
small358786

Post by small358786 »

Colected my NCE Powercab from John last night :D the stock arrived when he said it would and it was there for me to collect that day,great.
doodge

Post by doodge »

I emailed John at Bromsgrove asking for advice about DCC controllers and had a reply within the hour. I took Johns advice and ordered an NCE PowerCab. That was on a Saturday late afternoon. Had a follow up email on the Monday to say my purchase had been posted and it arrived on the Tuesday. Pretty good service there I think. I am very pleased and will use them again.
rosenblad

Post by rosenblad »

A while back I ordered a set of DCCconcepts station lamps from Bromsgrove Models. I had ordered LMS lamps but when they arrived they turned out to be GWR lamps instead. When I told Bromsgrove Models about this They sent me the correct LMS lamps and told me to keep the GWR lamps free of charge! This is excellent customer service!
Carpe Diem!
klaatu

Post by klaatu »

I was very sorry to read that due to ill health the business is being sold :(

Steve
Just playing trains - not a "proper modeller"
Dad-1

Post by Dad-1 »

I agree klaatu,

We're all going to miss the excellent advice John so generously gives and the unbelieveably good service you always get.
Ordered a couple of my favourite TCS DP2X-UK decoders and as usual they arrived post haste !! And yes my village post is
excellent.

Geoff T.
sishades

Post by sishades »

I was very sorry to read that due to ill health the business is being sold
What a shame. A lot of businesses can learn from John on how to do things properly.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again
offtherails

Post by offtherails »

Yet again, excellent service. Order placed Friday, received Saturday morning (N Ireland). Thanks again to John (and Royal Mail)!