Dapol models

Discuss Dapol Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
thomas the plank engine

Re: Dapol models

Post by thomas the plank engine »

First fault was the blanking plug insecure. Second fault as yet not sure, but looks like dodgey connection(s) once again. This time I have told them as I am not going to be using DCC to make sure that everything that can come loose is to be permanently secured. And if that doesn't solve the problem and it has to back for a third time then a complete refund will be asked for.

Ian
00 garden railways rule

My web site
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... 3c90e078aa
thomas the plank engine

Post by thomas the plank engine »

Its back on the GGR again. Fault was a burnt out circuit board, it had overheated. For a new loco this is not very impressive at all. Have had to have a completely new rolling chassis so the only original part left from the original purchase is the body. Seeing that I also had it lightly weathered, this has to go back but this time only to get the weathering done again. Shop had it running for over an hour prior to me collecting it again. Here is hoping that I don't have any problems with this excellent looking loco and a good addition to the GGR earlu diesel fleet.

Ian
00 garden railways rule

My web site
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... 3c90e078aa
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Let's hope that's a rare occurence. It only takes one faulty electronic component on a board to total it, just one of those things.
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

I quite like Dapol for their rolling stock. The 16 ton mineral wagon kit is one of my favourites at the moment, and makes up into a nice model. Another 20, and I am almost there!
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

The skill of the Airfix and 'Rosebud Kitmaster' toolmakers who made those kit tools in the fifties and sixties still shines through. I doubt that the injection moulding tools being made today will still be fit for production fifty years on!
D306Whistler

Post by D306Whistler »

Exactly why I avoid models from Dapol. As their motors or PCB's go pop quicker than poptarts. I think I am going to nickname them as "Toaster" Models :lol:. On the flipside, the rolling stock is perfectly fine detail wise. I just wish they would use better components for the "guts" of their locomotives :).
Ash - A Thoroughbred Railway Fan ;).

60008 and D306 are the best Diesels Ever!
http://www.youtube.com/EWS60008
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

Bigmet wrote:The skill of the Airfix and 'Rosebud Kitmaster' toolmakers who made those kit tools in the fifties and sixties still shines through. I doubt that the injection moulding tools being made today will still be fit for production fifty years on!
On that note, my Father still has some of the 'Kitmaster' Blue Pullman coaches, unmade and still boxed. Plus he has quite a few of the Locomotive kits, such as the 9F, 4MT 2-6-0, 0-6-0 saddle tank, Breakdown Cranes.

He also has some of the Kitmaster MK1 coaches, they look really good, but due to the plastic wheels, with plastic axles (no pinpoint on the axle end) they dont run very well due to friction.