helo needed please

Discussion of model railway baseboard design and construction
Zunnan

Re: helo needed please

Post by Zunnan »

If it warped in the first place, that suggests that the bracing isn't sufficient rather than not enough support legs being used. Laying 12mm ply over the top will only go the same way unless the bracing is sorted out. If its a permanent layout that you'll never have to dismantle, then the belt and braces approach is the way to go; overdo the bracing. 12" square framework of either deep ply or 3/4" by 2"+ timbers as a minimum. If you get the foundations right you'll not have problems down the line. I've used 9mm ply top that only uses 4 legs for an 8x4 layout and its never warped because of the bracing used, and the bracing was made from 6mm ply.

Can you post up a photo of the underside of the layout so we can make a more informed suggestion as to why it warped in the first place so we can better describe a permanent solution?
Under Construction N Gauge dog bone.
Canon Street. N Gauge
The Workbench.
londonboi1985

Post by londonboi1985 »

Will try get under it its all boxed in
This train is about to depart stand clear of the closing doors please........ mind the doors
Leslie woods

Post by Leslie woods »

hi every one i am trying to make a 15' x 4' x17' x 3' 6" L shaped layout for my grand son and me and any one els my question is i live in the Hartlepool area and wonderd if there was any one intresed in helping me out to do this big projeket i am new to this and have not done any thing like it befor i have done plenty of modeling dew to being a wargamer . I will provide tea, coffe, sarnys or meals for the help