Bachmann 6 Pin decoders

Post all your DCC only problems, solutions and discoverys here.
smallman28

Re: Bachmann 6 Pin decoders

Post by smallman28 »

Rambocat1974 wrote:Hi folks
This is my first post so please be gentle with me!!!

I've installed 2 of the new Bachmann chips in a new Farish class 150 and although the motor works fine, the lights are not working correctly as when travelling forward, both ends have white head lights and when going backwards, both are showing red tail lights.

Any ideas of how to fix would be appreciated.

R
Program both decoders in the power car.
When you put the one in the dummy car it should make the lights work correctly without having to do anything else.
smallman28

Post by smallman28 »

After using these decoders for a while they are okay but do seem to be very "sensitive"
When I go over some sections of my track sometimes the lights will go out on my class 47 and 108,it never does it in the same place and no matter how much I clean the track it still does it but never in the same place :roll:
The class 37 I have that has a Digitrax decoder doesn't have the problem at all.
I might get another Digitrax one and try it in the 47 to see what happens.
BROADTRAIN1979

Post by BROADTRAIN1979 »

Hi,
Well basically, i think they need reviewing by bachman farish, as i believe they're just not up to the job. Certainly in my farish locos anyway. :(
Youll never find a 501 like mine.
Railway Hunter

Post by Railway Hunter »

Hi

Think I posted this for my 108 problems. The Class 108 for some reason has the chip pin slots the wrong way round compared to other Farish engines. Check the 1 and 6 pins on the circuit board, fair chance they are 6 -1!

Once I had reversed the chip both direction and lights where fine!