Jacks modern era layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
S_Jay

Re: Jacks modern era layout

Post by S_Jay »

Keep the sidings lose the inner most loop.

Losing the inner loop allows more room for the sidings and gives more room in the middle for scenic sections and maybe even an operating well.

:)
My Layout, My world, My rules, if that's ok?
My layout with no progress http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... hp?t=14866
My other layout with progress http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 22&t=18394
Jack Middleton

Post by Jack Middleton »

thoughts???

im quite happy with this one as it gives good scope for exhibition purposes and play value. (shunting from one yard to the other etc')
hobby boy

Post by hobby boy »

hi
have you started building the layout?? (if you haven't done the track, you should have done the baseboard!)

Hobby boy
I have this engine like the picture :) GWR 0-6-0 Pannier tank
Check out Andrew's layout Hookstoke Junction UPDATED! Should do more work as it's now the Easter Holidays :) After the holdiays are over, my layout won't get updated much Age = 15
phonebook

Post by phonebook »

you know, there is so much space, a reverse loop wouldn't go amiss somewhere!

otherwise i stick by my earlier comments in another thread, i love the idea of a smaller loop feeding the shunting bits
Jack Middleton

Post by Jack Middleton »

I would need a reversing loop module then and its just adding to the cost :(

i did a drawing of a double loop with an inner loop to the sidings earlier which i quite liked but i saved over it :roll:

ill get another drawn up

the baseboard is nearly finished, im just waiting whilst my battery drill charges up (i knew i should of got a second battery!) and then i can finish drilling the holes in the tops and outer frame, then on sunday i will buy some more 2*1 to brace it with
phonebook

Post by phonebook »

24 quid from hattons, tho it is hornby and i know nothing of these things
Jack Middleton

Post by Jack Middleton »

terminus station, goods yard and coach sidings...10th layout plan :roll:

Image]

i think im sticking with this one despite any negative comments...im happy with it and ive seen a few layouts like it.
bigbob

Post by bigbob »

I like it, still alot going on! IF it was mine, and it isn`t so ignore me if you want!, i`d put another couple of points on the main loop to give yourself more passing loops. Lose the bottom station, stick with the one at the top and open the main loops up a bit!

Bob
Growing old is compulsary, growing up is optional!

ALL CLASS 50`S SHOULD BE CUT UP INTO SMALL PIECES AND USED FOR SOMETHING MORE USEFUL LIKE A PAPER-WEIGHT
Jack Middleton

Post by Jack Middleton »

were going through changes :lol:

hobby boy

Post by hobby boy »

Jack Middleton wrote:were going through changes :lol:

I sort of preferred your original trackplan as you could have space in the middle of it for houses.
Are you going to have a tunnel on your layout??

Hobby Boy
Check out Andrew's layout Hookstoke Junction UPDATED! Should do more work as it's now the Easter Holidays :) After the holdiays are over, my layout won't get updated much Age = 15
Jack Middleton

Post by Jack Middleton »

im not sure yet, i was planning on putting a few rural cottages near the very bottom left corner and a more suburban city style terrace in the middle with roads to the station etc.
hobby boy

Post by hobby boy »

Jack Middleton wrote:im not sure yet, i was planning on putting a few rural cottages near the very bottom left corner and a more suburban city style terrace in the middle with roads to the station etc.
so will the grey areas on the trackplan be the stations?
Then the rest of the houses/cottages can be scattered around (railway cottages (and don't forget the railway children :lol: ))

Hobby Boy
Jack Middleton

Post by Jack Middleton »

hobby boy wrote:
Jack Middleton wrote:im not sure yet, i was planning on putting a few rural cottages near the very bottom left corner and a more suburban city style terrace in the middle with roads to the station etc.
Then the rest of the houses/cottages can be scattered around (railway cottages (and don't forget the railway children :lol: ))

Hobby Boy
yep :D

just got to buy my electrical stuff and im away! i might pick up a little track this weekend
hobby boy

Post by hobby boy »

Jack Middleton wrote:
hobby boy wrote:

Hobby Boy
yep :D

just got to buy my electrical stuff and im away! i might pick up a little track this weekend
do you want a tip about point motors??
The seep PM2 motor is the cheapest but the Seep PM1 is just about 20 - 50p more expensive.
If you install them use screws, not glue as you can reposition it easily. The screws aren't included though.

Hobby Boy
Jack Middleton

Post by Jack Middleton »

i was looking at the peco ones as the wiring looks simpler