m.levin's layout thread

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

Hi I got a PM from cold-ash
Hey,

I was rummaging through the shed looking for some paint when I came across, or was hit by, this...
Sorry it's a shocking picture, but I think it shows what I'm getting at!

All the best,

Sam
The story of Levington
We was going the a Camping shop in Otley Yorkshire. to get to this shop you have to go through a garden Centre, If you have ever been you will know where i'm on about. Anyway whilst walking though the garden centre. The wife noticed a pallet of Levington manure, because it had Levin in the name. After a laugh and a joke about how someone managed to put Levin on to, basicly a big bag of poo. I decided I would name my layout Levington after this big bag of poo.

Thanks sam
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

After i recived the PM from cold-ash. I put Levington in to Google Images. I had plans to build a Church, but now my plans have been binned after finding this site, St Peters Church Levington. I now plan to build this church for my layout. Also to my suprise there is a Place in suffolk called Levington.
Last edited by m.levin on Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cold-ash

Post by cold-ash »

No worries Martin! In a similar vain, at work once I was larking about the office and I found a box with the word 'Honeywell' printed on it.
Cheers, Sam

URZ

My blog - http://cold-ash.blogspot.com/ Updated 20/06/07

My Fotopic - http://coldashsphotos.fotopic.net/ slowly being updated.
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

I'm sure that there is the name Horneywell on something in a adult shop :wink: Horneywell explained last post a bit of a personal joke :wink:
joshing_man

Post by joshing_man »

That's a good looking church to model. Will definitely be individual. Share the pics as you progress when you get round to doing it.

Andrew
The Original Smiling Man With Train (SMWT):
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

Ive got a train running on the web cam at the moment. will run it untill 20:30.
If you PM me and im in, I will send round a loco for you. If you want to see a certain loco just ask.
Thanks
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

Also if you don't see a loco in a while before 20:30 its derailed and once again PM me.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Hi

Just viewed your cam, and saw a loco too! looks excellent.

Pete
It's the nature of evolution
The dinosaurs went to Hell
dr5euss

Post by dr5euss »

'Nother random item with Levin in it:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLACK-QUALITY-LEV ... dZViewItem

;)
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

I found that the Web cam was well veiwed and enjoyed last night, after I told people it was running. So for all the freinds on the forum I have constructed a time table for the train running times.
Click here
Keep checking the timetable as the times may change or trains maybe cancelled, just like the real thing :lol: . I going to do my best to make sure they run on time.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Police mounted an anti-crime operation codenamed "Levington" between 7 pm yesterday (May 6) and 4.30 am this (May 7) morning in Kowloon West (KW) and New Territories (NT), resulting in the arrest of 18 persons.

Different formations at regional and district levels in KW and NT were mobilised to inspect over 30 entertainment premises during the nine-hour operation.

As a result, a total of 15 men and three women aged between 16 and 39 were apprehended for offences including unlawful assembly, criminal damage, disorderly conduct, and possession of dangerous drugs.

Police also seized 10 packets of Ketamine, nine tablets of “ Ng Jai” , 17 tablets of Ecstasy, and two rolls of cannabis in the operation.

Of the arrested persons, 13 men aged between 19 and 24 were believed to be members of a triad society active in Tsuen Wan.

A Police spokesman reiterates that Police is determined to combat all triad-related crimes and would continue to conduct similar operations in a bid to eradicate such illegal activities.

Police Report No.4

Issued by PPRB

Thought I would get in on the act

Lofty
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

I honestly thought i was the first person to think of the name Levington in the UK. :( but i has been great to hear and see that i haven't been, unless they have named them after my layout :lol:
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

andrewteenagemodeller

I can't run the trains every day as I work shifts, and they are 12 hour shift, when i'm on nights I spend most of my time working and sleeping. Also I can't plan to far infront, as I don't have any control with my free time. Them that are married will know what I mean when I say "The Jobs list", them that aren't, its a list of job for you to do that apears that morning, with the wife handwriting on. :wink:
Admin4

Post by Admin4 »

You are not the only one to have conflict with the “Chief domestic controller”

I don’t get too many lists but the number one question is “What exactly have you done today?”

Keep at it though, you are achieving far more than me at present

Lofty
joshing_man

Post by joshing_man »

Webcam - Ooh a train running in the dark - very spooky ethereal effect :D

Andrew
The Original Smiling Man With Train (SMWT):