Hello and welcome to my Llangollen in 00

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Raider

Post by Raider »

The reason the photo's were not appearing was BBCode was disabled in the post (there is an option at the bottom of the post screen)

If you want some inspiration I have a few photo's taken at Llangollen at Easter 2007 here
yamahadrums

Re: Hello and welcome to my Llangollen in 00

Post by yamahadrums »

I am very much obliged, gentlemen. I have been up since 2 am so I get a bit fuzzy round the edges when it comes to messing around with pics and web stuff. Thanks for your help and comments. If anyones passing along the A55 between Conwy and Bangor, pop in for a drive and a cuppa.
The time seems to shrink to 1:76th scale evrytime I switch on the first loco of the day!
yamahadrums

Post by yamahadrums »

mumbles

Post by mumbles »

Hi
I like the sweeping curves in that last shot.. very nice
Do you have a track plan or failing that an wide angle shot?
Cheers
Michael
zabdiel

Post by zabdiel »

Wow! Those bushes and the signal are superb. I'll second Michael's request for a trackplan or wide angle shot.
yamahadrums

Post by yamahadrums »

zabdiel wrote:Wow! Those bushes and the signal are superb. I'll second
Michael's request for a trackplan or wide angle shot.

Thank you gentlemen, I think I've got this pic download thing sorted now.
I sadly didn't have enough space for the inclined approach to the sheds, oh and I've noticed my stone walls are a bit knocked down!
Last edited by yamahadrums on Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrStroganoff

Post by DrStroganoff »

Some really nice work there m8. The bushes/scenery look very realistic indeed. And some nice camera-work there too :D
yamahadrums

Post by yamahadrums »

This pic shows the state of affairs in 2003! I had a layout going all round the room 4 years prior to this, but poor loco running ( lima ) took the joy out of it. When I bought Bachy 25 097 at Butterly in 2002 ish, the running quality deemed it necessary to build again- but only a small layout this time. Based on Llangollen goods junction, I eventually built the station- and in typical hindesight should have put that the opposite side!
The track plan is very simple! I did however make sure I had large enough curves. My radii are the same as peco streamline large radius turnouts, so there's a constant regular curve in and out of points.
Last edited by yamahadrums on Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Honeywell

Post by Honeywell »

Nice model of a lovely location.

I had a look but didn't see mention..

What make are the signals?
TerryB
Location: Loftbrough Central [aka ....a spider infested loft in Rotherham]

Post by TerryB »

Thats a nice looking layout .........I visited Llangollen last year,and I instantly recognised your layout from what I recall of it.
Well done.
kind regards
Terry
I know it's the fastest .....but why did they have to name it after a duck?
Infrontcat

Post by Infrontcat »

Hi there

I regularly pass through Llangollen en route to see my mother on Angelsey (she lives in Holyhead) when I take the Telford Route :) I have to say that I'm most impressed with the fact you have captured the atmosphere of the railway extremely well.

It seems odd seeing the rails go beyond the (now bricked up) bridge and onto what is now the cycle path! I congratulate you on chosing an excellent prototype in terms of a 'what if' layout: it is certainly something I'd thought about having a go at myself, but you've beaten me to it!

Cheers

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)
yamahadrums

Post by yamahadrums »

What make are the signals?[/quote]

Hello, the signals are all Ratio. They are either operated by the supplied string or with point motors.
yamahadrums

Post by yamahadrums »

It seems odd seeing the rails go beyond the (now bricked up) bridge and onto what is now the cycle path! I congratulate you on chosing an excellent prototype in terms of a 'what if' layout: it is certainly something I'd thought about having a go at myself, but you've beaten me to it!

Hello and thanks! I know what you mean about the tracks continuing past the bridge, happier times they did go to Ruabon. It gives me a lot of operational flexibility and is a lot of fun running a prototypical single line railway. Pain in the butt to signal though- 7 home, 2 distant, 1 home/ distant and 3 junction braket home in a relatively short run.
Nothing stopping you going for it, if you need any info- I'd be glad to try and help. I was thinking about Glyndyfrdwy or Carrog before starting this. But I really wanted a layout with engine shed/ yard.
Tara for now!
RuffnutThorston

Post by RuffnutThorston »

Hi.

May I add my appreciation of your railway. More Welsh railways.... :D
GROTLAND

Post by GROTLAND »

Hallo Yamaha. I must join in with the praise! What a great layout! You've captured the atrmosphere of that railway, perfectly. Those signals really do look the business. That ground signal, is that ratio too? It's small details like those that really make the differance. I'll take your advice and have operational signals too. I'm pretty much astounded by the scenics of the whole thing. I hope my foliage and bushes will look that good.
I think you should model the point rodding from the signal boxes. You can buy it in brass etched kits from "Brassmasters". That's what I'd like to do eventually.
Cheers Pal