Rate the site

Welcome to New Railway Modellers Forum. Read the Introduction and Terms and conditions of New Railway Modellers model railway forum. Introduce yourself to the members in this section.

Rate this site

5 - Excellent
73%
4 - Good
20%
3 - Average
3%
2 - Poor
1%
1 - Very Poor
2%

Total votes: 296

saslord
Site Admin

Rate the site

Post by saslord »

(0 - 5) How do you rate this website
5 - Excellent
63% [ 7 ]
36% [ 4 ]
0% [ 0 ]
0% [ 0 ]
0% [ 0 ]
0 - Poor
0% [ 0 ]

above is the poll before the 30th

Hello. Please leave your comments here, and take part in the websites poll (above).
Last edited by saslord on Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saslord
Site Admin

Post by saslord »

I think it is a brilliant website which is inspiring me very much but one thing that I would like to see. Lights and how to fit them. If you don't know where to get them from look at www.expressmodels.co.uk . Thank you
saslord
Site Admin

Post by saslord »

After having a simple 2 track oval layout for the past year, looking through your site has given me the inspiration and knowledge I needed to develop a simple train set into a proper model railway. Keep up the good work!
saslord
Site Admin

Post by saslord »

Kev-ster

good site mate.......keep it going_________________COYS
saslord
Site Admin

Post by saslord »

Muddy Fox

This is the first forum I have found for model railway. looks very good in the first 5 minutes I've been registered! _________________"Most of my responses on this forum are likely to recommend DCC... Get used to it! Its the way forward weather you like it or not!" www.DIFFLOCK.com 4x4 forum - my other interest is getting muddy!
saslord
Site Admin

Post by saslord »

Muddy Fox

Most of my responses on this forum are likely to recommend DCC... Get used to it! Its the way forward weather you like it or not!" www.DIFFLOCK.com 4x4 forum - my other interest is getting muddy!
saslord
Site Admin

Post by saslord »

dynamite25

Well the site is great simon getting afew more members as time goes on.
saslord
Site Admin

Post by saslord »

Yep over the last week this forum has got really busy. I have also had shop orders everyday. I am rushed off my feet with work as well as the sites. I am very happy when others like you answer question. We are getting a real community going which is what I set out to do. Thanks for your contribution.
saslord
Site Admin

Post by saslord »

FRSimplex

FANTASTIC SITE! Excellent ideas._________________Cheers, William (FRSimplex) FR50 - 50 Years of Ffestiniog Railway Preservation. www.billsrailpics.fpic.co.uk
LisaP4

Post by LisaP4 »

I found alot of your how to articles very confusing, and I already know how to do most of them!
There's also a few errors in the discriptions of things, such as "rail gauge" instead of "rail code"

A very promising site though, keep up the good work.

In the section on wiring a point motor with a SPDT switch, there is a way to do it without a push to make switch, I can post a diagram if anyone is interested :?:
Pete

Post by Pete »

'...A very promising site though, keep up the good work'

Nothing like a bit of patronising in the morning :D

Pete
It's the nature of evolution
The dinosaurs went to Hell
saslord
Site Admin

Post by saslord »

Yep post it so I can have a look. And remember this is a beginner’s site primarily and so if you know most of it I guess you are not a beginner anymore. If you feel you have something to add to the site please post it in the forums or email it to me.

The site is in the process of an update and re-editing.

http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/te ... ndex.shtml is the new template. Loads way faster.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Hi

I think the sites going well at the moment, it's a shame more people don't contribute though, there's 97 registered users, but probably less than 10 regular posters, if it was worth registering, it's worth posting.

Come on have a go, post your views/observations, otherwise it'll just be a chat room for a couple of mates.

None of us are true experts so all views are valid, I've put my layout up for scrutiny, lets see some of yours!

Be brave soldiers! :wink: :D

Pete
It's the nature of evolution
The dinosaurs went to Hell
Raider

Post by Raider »

Just registered, posted my first question and thought I would stop by the guestbook and say hi.

I had a good read through the how-to's and found them interesting and informative - just need to get the base board sorted out.

Couldn't resist registering as I took the membership over the magic 100 number.

Chris
Bufflers Halt

Post by Bufflers Halt »

This an excellent site such a wealth of info im looking forward to building my layout knowing im in good company.