Walisbury - A little update

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Nice thread

Will be visiting again

Lofty
FishBowlMan

Post by FishBowlMan »

Great stuff there Steve. The scenery looks superb,

John.
There is no room inside a box.
stevegant

Post by stevegant »

A little bit more scenic work has been completed. Have done the basic ground work for the back gardens of 2 more houses. Patios were made from plastic sheet which was scored to represent slabs.

Need to make some garden features next............

The I had some fun - as you will see in the picture, I thought I would test the pulling power of a Farish 66. This easily pulls the very perculiar rake pictured :D
mmurnin900

Post by mmurnin900 »

Nice paving, a very nice scene like that station
Matthew
LFC We've still got 5
peak

Post by peak »

Very nice work.
Back gardens look good, like the patio.
2 trains, 2 railroad tracks, one going the other one coming back. Click Clack, Click Clack.
Regards
Andy

http://www.brblue.co.uk
Infrontcat

Post by Infrontcat »

Excellent stuff Steve. Looks terrific :)
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)
westbrom

Post by westbrom »

Excellent looking scene Steve, great stuff.

Neil
MrT

Post by MrT »

Fantastic work Steve, just goes to show what can be achieved in N. Makes me feel bad though, mine is nowhere near this standard.

Well done mate, it really does look amazing.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Stunning picture - Ace layout

Lofty
Spavo

Post by Spavo »

As if I needed any more inspiration for N gauge, this is muddy brilliant.....

Any chance of a track plan in full? Don't worry I'm not going to steal it!!

Great work and great layout, keep the photo updates coming...

Gav
Watford FC For Me Since 1976
stevegant

Post by stevegant »

Gav - here's a quick track plan - I'll see if I can find the XTrkCad one when I am at home. It gives an idea of what I have done.

From the outset my brief was to have a tail chaser but to give me end-to-end capability as well. I wanted to be able to run a freight services as a tail chaser and then be able to move 3 DMU's between station platforms, the short storage siding and the maintenance shed. This small plan actually gives a surprising number of routes. I don't have designated up or down lines (not really an option in 6x2.5 foot layout). I also wanted to get away from lots of sidings everywhere as I wanted the opportunity to add some scenery.

The sharp curves (slightly above Setrack dimensions) on the left of the layout are hidden in a tunnel. The curves on the right hand side are on a gradient and are banked a couple of degrees to make them look less sharp.

The single platform at the back of the layout is again raised up make it form part of the back scene - gives the effect of being cut into the hillside.

90% of the trackwork is PECO flexi with a couple of odd Setrack pieces (mainly short straights that I found to be much stonger than short pieces of flexi. Once ballasted you cannot tell. All mainline track joints have been soldered and filed smooth and I have never had any running problems.

Hope this helps......and I will be following the progress of your foray into 'N'. Looking at your OO layout I reckon it will be a cracker.

Cheers
Steve