Llwyndrissi Halt.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Phred

Re: Llwyndrissi Halt.

Post by Phred »

I don't know if this link would supply any ideas:
https://www.miniaturerailwayworkshop.co ... ailway-use

:)
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

Is actually interesting. Glad the forces on my models are not that great! :D
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

A new (Secondhand) model for future conversion potential. I think I will make a tender and leave this lovely little loco as it is, to make a miniature model loco in 7mm scale which avoids damaging the vintage model loco.(Model is H0). Larger loco of a Smokey Joe size (With a larger 7mm scale cab and chimney) is added as a reference to its size.Look how short it is! I also have its origional motor as previous owner added a modern slower running motor.

IMG_20240420_141428_kindlephoto-212708114.jpg
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

The larger loco in the last photograph is deceptive. I called it a "Smokey Joe" but if one picks it up and handles it one will find it is unusually different. The chassis is the same and looks the same. (Have not opened it up to check the motor). But the body which looks like a Hornby Smokey Joe/Smallbrook creation is anything but. The body (Saddle tank, cab etc) is all cast out of metal. I have never come across such a thing and it weighs the same as my modified Smallbrook Studio Clio kit with its heavy Triang chassis and was made when Smallbrook used to add lead shot type weight into the saddle tank on the loco. It weighs about the same which is HEAVY! I am impressed!

I have bought quite a few more items from a fellow narrow gauge modeller and they are interesting. One is an unfinished project of a Gnomy tramcar which has been cleverly adapted to take the major part of a Smokey Joe 0-4-0ST, to convert it into a steam tram. Other Gnomy tramcars (Some modified. Some not) are heading my way. I think that will end up as interesting coaches as the Great Mountain Goat Railroad Company happens to love buying up items of interest to convert into useable items of rolling stock. Thoughts on a suitable railworks extension along with re-laying some track in the layout to accomodate this are floating round the railway board rooms as discussions are taking place on the railways future expansion. During careful modification of track and trackbed, some scenic paint will be applied, but as the railway is currently not operating, opportunities for such plans and finding interesting stock for future use are being seized upon.
Phred

Post by Phred »

Mountain wrote:
discussions are taking place on the railways future expansion.
Taking into account the possible re-nationalisation of the railways and suitable compensation for the board of course!
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

Phred wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:38 pm
Mountain wrote:
discussions are taking place on the railways future expansion.
Taking into account the possible re-nationalisation of the railways and suitable compensation for the board of course!
Haha!