Peco Twistlock Point Motors

Ask questions or give advice on any other model railway Manufacturers and Gauges
Rich123

Peco Twistlock Point Motors

Post by Rich123 »

I am using some Peco PL1000 Twistlock Point motors on my new layout. They were taken off another layout so I need to extend the arms as they were cut down. I have been informed that the arms are a slightly different thickness than the arms on the PL10 motors so the Peco Kit 2 extensions will not fit.

Can anyone please advise me of the thickness of the arms on the PL1000 Twistlock Motors so I can see if I can manufacture my own extensions.

Thank you.
Bigmet

Re: Peco Twistlock Point Motors

Post by Bigmet »

I'd go straight to Peco, there's a phone number for their helpline on the linked page:
https://peco-uk.com/pages/help-advice
Rich123

Post by Rich123 »

I have already been to Peco and their response was "The drive pin on these motors cannot be extended further, as the extra pin length will then cause the drive bar to lock in the coils of the motor."

I have looked at the motor and I think I might be able to avoid the coils, hence my request for the size. Unfortunately my micrometer has packed up and will no longer give a digital reading.
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

That was super helpful of Peco! If you wish to put the pin in the post to me, I'll submit it to my all-mechanical micrometers, would you like that dimension in microns or thou.? If so send a PM.
Peterm

Post by Peterm »

Bigmet wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:29 am That was super helpful of Peco! If you wish to put the pin in the post to me, I'll submit it to my all-mechanical micrometers, would you like that dimension in microns or thou.? If so send a PM.
You're not wrong.

I still have mechanical micrometers, but I might be a bit far away to help. Come to think of it, I haven't seen my internal ones for a while. Now look what you've done. I'll be turning the place upside down now, hunting for them.
Pete.
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Peterm wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:01 am ...Now look what you've done. I'll be turning the place upside down now, hunting for them.
I so love to help. Was it a Holden Statesman you parked near Manangatang around 2009 and never could find again? It's possibly still outside my late Uncle Bron's house.
Peterm

Post by Peterm »

Ha ha. Never heard of Manangatang until now, but I see your point about the old Statesman still being there. :lol:

By the way, I've found my micrometers. :)
Pete.