Hornby Pannier Updating

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren and Oxford Rail).
AJFE 2488

Re: Hornby Pannier Updating

Post by AJFE 2488 »

Bigmet wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:11 am Looking good. As information for others who might see this and think 'that's a good idea'; what is the minimum radius curve that the new mechanism will go round?
At the moment I won't be able to check properly as I still need to fit it with pickups but happy to report back in due course. The layout I'm working on uses 3rd radius and would have to see if I have any 2nd and 1st radius track in the attic that were left over from my teenage years. Have pushed it around the 3rd radius curves by hand and no problems there. 2nd radius I'd imagine should go round fine but not sure about 1st radius. The axles do slide a tad within the bearings so there's a bit of side play there which might help with 1st radius.
Mountain

Re: Hornby Pannier Updating

Post by Mountain »

Not sure if it will do first radius as has centre wheel flanges. Be worth a try to see if it will do it. Some locos may get round themselves but may lift off the track when pulling loads. Is quite an art to get locos and rolling stock round sharp curves.

I really love what you've done to the pannier! So special!