What did Santa bring you?

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
Buelligan

What did Santa bring you?

Post by Buelligan »

So what railway related things did everyone get for Christmas this year?
For me, it was another couple of locos, which have been the kick in the behind I needed to get back out to the shed and do some more work to the railway.

Bigmet

Re: What did Santa bring you?

Post by Bigmet »

Sensible:
TMC/Bachmann Plates in BR grey, Rapido ex-LMS general merchandise opens in BR grey, Oxford Rail ex-GER van in BR grey. Can't have too many 'ordinary' wagons to rattle around in freights.
Bachmann Thompson brake 2nd in BR maroon.These are all very elegant models and so free rolling, wanted the alternative number version.
Extravagance:
Hornby P2 2-8-2 in LNER lined green 'no 2003 'Lord President'. And what a beautiful beast it is.

And yes, I bought them all to hand over for wrapping. Got to hope there's some more good stuff released in time for my Biffday in March. Notice too that despite all the new RTR OO entrants it's all Hornby group and Bachmann, none of the new entrants, other than Rapido's very good wagon choice.

And how does your Lion go? Roars along by any chance?

Post by 4472 »

The Beatles singles from Liverpool train pack and 3 LWB wagons from the Beatles albums collection ( only 10 more to collect !!! )
My son arrived and helped to complete the wiring of the lighting on the layout as I am unable to work in confined spaces any more.
Made me realise not all presents have to be physical entities, love is just as good
Great grandson of Peter Benjamin Spicer (LNWR retired deceased)
Nephew of Cecil Roberts Spicer (GWR retired deceasd)
Buelligan

Post by Buelligan »

Bigmet wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:41 pm And how does your Lion go? Roars along by any chance?

Haha, not quite, more of a gentle purr, only used on the rolling road, its quiet and smooth, but low speed control isn't great. Sadly Hornby have used the same moulded chain couplings, the same as on the Stephensons rocket, which are fiddly. But once I get a decoder I'll let you know how it runs on the track.

You got a nice haul!
4472 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:06 pm Made me realise not all presents have to be physical entities, love is just as good
Yes, as much as there are all the jokes about family at Christmas, I do miss seeing my grandparents and aunts/uncles etc at Christmas.
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

I received a cheque for £100.
A few years ago this amount bought me 3 2nd boxed locos from the nineties, all of which were in mint condition.
Now it will buy me 2 locos. The first of which is a Hornby LMS Black from the early eighties, which comes with the nice colour picture card in the front of the box. The 2nd will no doubt be something of a similar age with a Ringfield motor in it.
Ken
End2end

Post by End2end »

I received a piece of paper.

It was a printed email confirming a pre-order for 2 loco's. :D
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread