Midland Pullman

Discuss real world railway operations in this forum. Find out how to make your model railway as accurate as possible.
Bufferstop

Midland Pullman

Post by Bufferstop »

Spent yesterday being waited on aboard the Midland Pullman. It's definitely a worthy successor to the original. The livery suits it down to the ground, I suppose it should being roughly the same shape as the original and the subtle change in the shade of blue is what "Rail Blue" should have been all along. The two power cars handled the 2+ sets with no problem, it seemed a wast of time being held over to let the LNER Azumas pass us as were were moving just as fast as they were. Inside the decor was all shades of grey with contrasting blue bits throughout. I gather the seats came from GWR sets that were withdrawn. It would have been difficult to make them any more comfortable. The food and the service were fantastic and the staff were attentive and friendly. A source of amusement, each time they laid the tables they were set around a sixties pattern "curvy square" plate decorated with the original route of the Midland Pullman, first thing they did was collect them up and replace them with the appropriate item for the first course. Everyone laughed as they were obviously very "nickable". A really enjoyable journey. It didn't come cheap but it was definitely top flight throughout.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Mountain

Re: Midland Pullman

Post by Mountain »

Very nice. The type of train Poiriot would go on.
ChrisGreaves

Re: Midland Pullman

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Mountain wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:11 pm Very nice. The type of train Poiriot would go on.
Which, of course, raises the question of Inspector Poirot's level of pedantry (even though he would be going by train, rather than by foot).
Might he not have believed that he was going in the train?
(signed) "Just curious" of Bonavista.