My fully monochrome layout called BRIEF ENCOUNTER

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
ModelRailwayQuest

My fully monochrome layout called BRIEF ENCOUNTER

Post by ModelRailwayQuest »

This is my fully monochrome exhibition layout, 'BRIEF ENCOUNTER, based on the iconic British film directed by David Lean and set around a chance romantic meeting at a railway station. I really wanted to recreate that vintage black and white film effect - to do that I ended up using 32 shades of grey! In my video I also show the layout at build stage and some of the problems and solutions I had to overcome along the way, including how to feature as many well known aspects and scenes from the film as I could. The layout is 11ft x 2ft and includes a fully-working 1940s cinema playing the film. I also share some fascinating facts about the making of the film. I hope you get my quirky humour

https://youtu.be/1NhzbTsulVM?si=gYu95XWQDn79Whqi
centenary

Re: My fully monochrome layout called BRIEF ENCOUNTER

Post by centenary »

That's really different and clever. Have subscribed to your channel and will watch out for updates.
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Stylish, was the word that came to mind. Likely to prove popular at exhibitions too.

If you ever want another monochrome fillum subject, Buster Keaton's 'The General' is my all time favourite railway movie.
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

Oh yes. Buster Keyton in The General! :D

Is an intere sting layout concept. I ha ve an idea but it is not quite the same.
Phred

Post by Phred »

I look forward to updates on this. :)
I've watched The General a couple of times. Apart from the hilarity, Buster Keaton's stunt timing is amazing.