Error Camouflage

What are you up to on your workbench
Richard08

Error Camouflage

Post by Richard08 »

When putting up the fence around the Stuff depot I failed to spot a skewiff post. Rather than rip it all up and try again a cunning plan was conceived. OK, it's basically laziness but... make it into a work/repair scene. Well, here's the (unpainted) step ladders (ex-signal post ladder). Just need to find some late 70s/early 80s figures. Which is proving difficult - P-Way bods in this period (well, everyone really) either didn't wear their HV vest (the orange waistcoat type) or would wear them as a belt or hang them from a belt loop (the story was you only got half your compo if an accident occurred if not wearing one). The search continues, in the mean time Larry The Ladder and Cousin Dave arrear to be on a very long lunch break.
DSC01973.resized.JPG
Phred

Re: Error Camouflage

Post by Phred »

Richard08 wrote:
need to find some late 70s/early 80s figures
Saw these on Modelu: https://www.modelu3d.co.uk/product-cate ... pot-staff/
Not cheap, but they looked alright.
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Richard08 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:22 pm ...OK, it's basically laziness...
Because I am way lazier than you, I largely don't bother with modelling people. They jump around like rabbits, so most of the time a model of a person is inaccurate. But the ladder now, that tells the story really well.
Richard08

Post by Richard08 »

Phred wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:34 pm
Richard08 wrote:
need to find some late 70s/early 80s figures
Saw these on Modelu: https://www.modelu3d.co.uk/product-cate ... pot-staff/
Not cheap, but they looked alright.
Yep, looked through their entire catalogue - they do 40s/50/60s P-Way bods (all cloth caps etc), and post 80s (orange Wimpy suits), but not in between! Invertrain may well do them, but 827 products often with no pictures is something of a lottery.