Most Boring Kit Build Ever...

What are you up to on your workbench
Richard08

Most Boring Kit Build Ever...

Post by Richard08 »

Lots of runners to cut off and clean up, then assemble. X20. What an exciting afternoon. Now I've got to paint & decorate them...
DSC01952.resized.JPG
Dad-1

Re: Most Boring Kit Build Ever...

Post by Dad-1 »

Richard08,

The pleasures of railway modelling. Just be pleased that yours are
7 mm scale - recently done 12 in 4 mm.

Geoff.
luckymucklebackit

Post by luckymucklebackit »

Hope they are prototypically correct. Once attended a course where an "expert" droned on for a couple of hours telling us about the history of the pallet and all the current types and where they should be used. Unbelievable amount of variety of pallet types

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
Phred

Post by Phred »

Looks like it would be sort of relaxing. Like knitting or something.
Richard08

Post by Richard08 »

luckymucklebackit wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:12 pm Hope they are prototypically correct. Once attended a course where an "expert" droned on for a couple of hours telling us about the history of the pallet and all the current types and where they should be used. Unbelievable amount of variety of pallet types

Jim
Indeed they are - Europalletts to be exact.
Richard08

Post by Richard08 »

Phred wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:53 pm Looks like it would be sort of relaxing. Like knitting or something.
I guess it depends on how one views knitting ;-)
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Richard08 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:08 am I guess it depends on how one views knitting.
Purely as a spectator. My sole engagement was with my late mother's long ago frustration with a knitting pattern for gloves, which made each finger from wrist cuff to finger tip a different colour stripe. The RH came out perfectly, but the LH wouldn't produce a mirror image, which was what she wanted.

What with chirality being a topic of my A level subjects, I suggested she simply mirrored all those 'cast on, knit one, purl one, clonk one' actions; and this worked! It worked so well she became a 'production line' turning them out as Christmas gifts for friends...

It should be understood here that ever since starting nursing training and subsequently progressing to midwifery, she spent any spare time knitting, especially in the evenings, so was very well practised. However, 'mirroring' was apparently iuncomfortable and made her wrists ache, and she never after allowed me to forget it. Resolved: never offer advice on knitting.
Phred

Post by Phred »

Bigmet wrote:
she became a 'production line' turning them out as Christmas gifts for friends...
Which just proves that no good deed goes unpunished.
Richard08 wrote:
I guess it depends on how one views knitting
Well, when my wife is knitting she's not talking, so it's relaxing. (Oh I'm going to hell for that! :x )