Converting Merchant navy tender to 5250 gallon rebodied

What are you up to on your workbench
markS&D

Converting Merchant navy tender to 5250 gallon rebodied

Post by markS&D »

As title suggests, this is my latest project. I purchased a short wheelbase MN tender, and the Golden Arrow Models Resin tender body for the BR Rebodied 5250 gallon tender. Extra detailing parts such as the rear ladder, and a replacement vacuum cylinder cover, wire handrails will be fitted from 0.45mm brass wire. I also purchased scale drawings from RT models as a guide. This is the work so far, still a long way to go until its ready!
tb1.jpg
tb2.jpg
tb3.jpg
tb4.jpg
My intention is to produce a model of '35003 Royal Mail', which had one of these tenders following its rebuilding, right through to withdrawal in 1967.
markS&D

Re: Converting Merchant navy tender to 5250 gallon rebodied

Post by markS&D »

Here are a few shots of the almost finished model, I am waiting for the flag transfers for the loco nameplates the tender is all complete, the loco which started life as Clan Line, has had a few tweaks, to improve it, such as altering the cabside windows so that the rear portion is in the open position, ride height corrected, and a full service (35003 was the fastest MN after all!):
1 (2).jpg
2 (2).jpg
3 (2).jpg
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

please delete this, and all other threads that I have added on the site, I have already deleted all pictures that I added. I cannot see the point in posting anything further on this site, what is the point of a forum, if nobody replies to anything that I post, so please close down my account aswell, thanks.
SRman

Post by SRman »

Well, what a Prima Donna! Did you ask any questions that needed a response? Or did you want a hundred "Well done" comments clogging up your topic and therefore hiding the main content?

Goodbye. :D :lol:
luckymucklebackit

Post by luckymucklebackit »

SRman wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:01 am Well, what a Prima Donna! Did you ask any questions that needed a response? Or did you want a hundred "Well done" comments clogging up your topic and therefore hiding the main content?

Goodbye. :D :lol:
Had them before sadly will have them again, shades of Parkend!

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
Dad-1

Post by Dad-1 »

Try not to be too critical - we all get stressed at times !!
I'm supposing it's because his photo linking is not working and we are involved in
a hobby where visual is very important.
I'd have been following if the photos had come through.
Who knows a change of mind may follow ?
I hope so.

Geoff T
Firefly16

Post by Firefly16 »

I can understand mark S&D's frustration - I would have very much liked to have continued with my 'Sir Dinadan' topic complete with photos but being unable to make my images compatible with the site's requirements I will have to let it go, for the moment, anyway. But leaving the site? Having been unable even to log in for some time, I'm thankful for any sort of engagement with fellow modellers!
Dad-1

Post by Dad-1 »

There are times when you miss a thread, then some time later decide to
pop in and find you've been missing some interesting action. That's life !!

Firefly16 we were off line through a fault for several days, again one of
those annoying happenings in life.

Geoff T.