First Class Kits

What do you want from a model railway shop?
Richard08

First Class Kits

Post by Richard08 »

Has anyone interacted with them lately? There's a kit I want but the site feels decidedly unloved (e.g no pictures) and very difficult to access. I should perhaps explain that I very nearly got stung once on an abandoned site that was still taking payments (not model railway), so I'm a bit wary.
Bigmet

Re: First Class Kits

Post by Bigmet »

This site?
https://www.firstclasskits.co.uk/
I'd send an e-mail to see if there's a live human being running things...
Richard08

Post by Richard08 »

Bigmet wrote:This site?
https://www.firstclasskits.co.uk/
I'd send an e-mail to see if there's a live human being running things...
That's the one - there's actually a full, pictureless, site under it - I've got there a couple of times but lord knows how...
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

It does rather have the look and feel of an A Level Computing project. Getting into the underlying HTML is a bit worrying as it would suggest insufficient error handling, which would lead to poor security. The "contact us" page is out of date by at least two years. If you are feeling brave you could try an email asking about availability, but a saying involving bargepoles keeps coming to my mind.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Buelligan

Post by Buelligan »

I’m a bit late to this thread, but I’ve only just sent them a message and received a reply that they will be at a show in September and another in December.
Richard08

Post by Richard08 »

Bufferstop wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:48 pm Getting into the underlying HTML is a bit worrying as it would suggest insufficient error handling, which would lead to poor security. The "contact us" page is out of date by at least two years.
Bit late back to the show, but the problem is the site is still there, but with no link form 'index' to the rest of it. This is a vey bad idea as google will still cheerfully find those 'not really hidden pages, as happened to me and the resultant confusion. And caution.