New Class 59

Discuss Dapol Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
inoffapost

Re: New Class 59

Post by inoffapost »

Thanks for the pics!

That was a fast delivery from DE. Sorry to hear about the medical issue. Good to know you are back on your feet.

I quite like the mix of liveries anyway.Bit more realistic in a way. In my (real life) experience with wagon operation, rakes were often mixed up around the time of new liveries / wagons being introduced. Most older wagons only got the livery update around the time they went through the workshop for their General revisions.

Like you I've got an old Lima FY 59 which I've just last week removed the body to fit to a Hornby 66 chassis! Looks like we are thinking along the same lines. I've got no pictures to share unfortunately as the layout extension on which the new wagons will be running is still at the planning stage but I'm delighted with the kit and your pictures show how attractive they will be.
SRman

Re: New Class 59

Post by SRman »

inoffapost wrote:Thanks for the pics!

That was a fast delivery from DE. Sorry to hear about the medical issue. Good to know you are back on your feet.

I quite like the mix of liveries anyway.Bit more realistic in a way. In my (real life) experience with wagon operation, rakes were often mixed up around the time of new liveries / wagons being introduced. Most older wagons only got the livery update around the time they went through the workshop for their General revisions.

Like you I've got an old Lima FY 59 which I've just last week removed the body to fit to a Hornby 66 chassis! Looks like we are thinking along the same lines. I've got no pictures to share unfortunately as the layout extension on which the new wagons will be running is still at the planning stage but I'm delighted with the kit and your pictures show how attractive they will be.
Thank you for the compliments and the wishes.

I do agree a bout mixing liveries a bit. It takes many years to repaint everything in a fleet, and wagons tend to get less attention to their appearance than passenger stock and locomotives.