3 Rail Loco's

Topper

3 Rail Loco's

Post by Topper »

Hello
Anything 3 rail really apart from track.
Regards
Frank
Bigmet

Re: 3 Rail Loco's

Post by Bigmet »

Only bits and pieces.
H-D 8F rolling chassis only: no motor, pick up skid or wiring; all mazak wheels, much missing paint, clearly had a hard life. (I can possibly find a tender drawbar and a suitable screw for this and the loco pick up skid mounting, but no guarantees.)
Unrelated Wrenn 8F 2-rail tender, plastic wheels.
Couldn't quickly find them, but a couple of battered H-D GRANO are lurking somewhere, one might even have the tattiest box you have ever seen.

(All the above bought as cheap project fodder, I put 8F bodies on the current Hornby mechanism to supply weight for traction, and some years ago was knocking about old GRANO bodies to make closer to scale length grain hoppers in LMS and GWR flayours.)
Topper

Re: 3 Rail Loco's

Post by Topper »

Bigmet wrote:Only bits and pieces.
H-D 8F rolling chassis only: no motor, pick up skid or wiring; all mazak wheels, much missing paint, clearly had a hard life. (I can possibly find a tender drawbar and a suitable screw for this and the loco pick up skid mounting, but no guarantees.)
Unrelated Wrenn 8F 2-rail tender, plastic wheels.
Couldn't quickly find them, but a couple of battered H-D GRANO are lurking somewhere, one might even have the tattiest box you have ever seen.

(All the above bought as cheap project fodder, I put 8F bodies on the current Hornby mechanism to supply weight for traction, and some years ago was knocking about old GRANO bodies to make closer to scale length grain hoppers in LMS and GWR flayours.)
Hello
Thanks for your reply, Im not pushed about boxes,I want bits and bobs for my layout.