Oxford Rail Cowans Sheldon 15 ton cranes

Ask questions or give advice on any other model railway Manufacturers and Gauges
Rich123

Oxford Rail Cowans Sheldon 15 ton cranes

Post by Rich123 »

Does anyone have any updates regarding the release of the above? I've contacted Oxford Rail a couple of times and either I get no reply or I'm told that they are under development.
stuartp

Re: Oxford Rail Cowans Sheldon 15 ton cranes

Post by stuartp »

They're now 'available to pre-order' (astonishingly still for less than 20 quid but with no due date) on the Hornby website, so they presumably haven't forgotten about them.
Portwilliam - Southwest Scotland in the 1960s, in OO - http://stuart1968.wordpress.com/
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

stuartp wrote:They're now 'available to pre-order' (astonishingly still for less than 20 quid but with no due date) on the Hornby website, so they presumably haven't forgotten about them.
They have been available to preorder since before Covid.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought
stuartp

Post by stuartp »

But now on Hornby's site rather than just on Oxford's.
Portwilliam - Southwest Scotland in the 1960s, in OO - http://stuart1968.wordpress.com/
Rich123

Post by Rich123 »

I have actually pre-ordered one through The Model Centre and have asked them to weather it. They have no idea as to when it will be released. I needed a crane for an exhibition layout so I splashed out on a Ransomes & Rapier crane (about 1/2 price at TMC) but I still want the Cowans Sheldon crane.