DCC Help required

Post all your DCC only problems, solutions and discoverys here.
CandO

DCC Help required

Post by CandO »

I am modelling in N gauge and used the Graham Farish Countryside Coal set as my starter for a layout. I've now got my track down as required and have ran the Jinty supplied with the set quite a few times pulling rakes of wagons. I believe it is a DCC layout and the Jinty supplied is fitted with a DCC chip.
I purchased another couple of locos recently and after watching countless videos thought I'd try to DCC chip them to run on the same track. I didn't run them as DC at all. So I put the chips in and tried to programme them to a controller number on a test track but nothing, just couldn't get either to move. However the kicker is when I reconnected my controller to the main track the Jinty wouldn't move either! I just can't get anything to move at all now.

Is there an easy way I can re-set at least the Jinty (as I know it ran)? I must have done or more probably be doing something wrong as I can't believe all three locos would not run.

Any ideas would be grateful and I'm ready with a test track to try them! Thanks all!!
Flashbang

Re: DCC Help required

Post by Flashbang »

Hi
The DCC Console provided with the set is a very basic DCC system and can only address decoders in the range 1 to 9
Have you tried the original loco supplied with the set on number 3? 3 is the default address number for all decoders and may also operate the other locos with new decoders?
[Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Broken? It was working correctly when I left it.
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

One very basic thought, have you actually confirmed that there is power on the tracks? As I read it, you have disconnected and reconnected the DCC console since you last ran the original loco.
CandO

Post by CandO »

Sorry for the long delay for responses on here - suddenly found myself very busy with other things!
Anyways, despite numerous attempts at trying to get things going I decided to get the engines tested in case I'd buggered them up totally. Took all four engines to a nice man in a shop on Saturday who after a short period of time managed to get two running....both of these didn't work due to my installation of the DCC chips not being correct even though I thought they were ok. :roll: The other two were due to an issue with the wiring on one and the axles on the other which I duly left for repair. They are now winging their way back to me via the postal service. Very quick service indeed!!
Thanks also to the guys above for their suggestions :wink:
Hopefully I'll have them all flying around the tracks this coming weekend :D :D