Hornby R30077 Production cancelled?

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren and Oxford Rail).
centenary

Hornby R30077 Production cancelled?

Post by centenary »

Just got a mail from Hattons saying the Hornby HST in Midland Pullman blue, R30077 has had production cancelled? Weird. This would be a sell out?

Hello

This is an email to let you know that the following item has been cancelled from production, and, as you requested an email notification of its arrival, thought you would like to know that it is not now expected to be released.

Hornby R30077, which you can see at https://www.hattons.co.uk/stockdetail?sid=619168

We are unsure of the specific reason for the cancellation, and will try to keep its descriptive text updated to provide any information which the manufacturer releases. You will remain signed-up for notification – so if it is reinstated and delivered then you will receive a notification.

We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Regards

Hatton's Model Railways
17 Montague Road
Widnes
WA8 8FZ
0151 733 3655
luckymucklebackit

Re: Hornby R30077 Production cancelled?

Post by luckymucklebackit »

The train pack is showing as in stock on the Hornby Website

https://uk.hornby.com/products/midland- ... -11-r30077

Could this be another Hattons/Hornby issue? Other retailers including Rails of Sheffield showing the pack as available.

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
RAF96

Post by RAF96 »

Loads of reports of Hattons ‘cancelling’ stuff that Hornby (and others) has still got on the books.
RAF Halton Brat - 96th Entry
http://www.halton96th.org.uk/robs_rails.html
β-tester
centenary

Post by centenary »

Yes, I get that other retailers may have some stock and Hattons, for whatever reason, dont. I think the point at issue is Hatton's say production has been 'cancelled' and they dont know the reasons for this. If the Hatton's email is taken at face value, maybe it's a royalties issue between Hornby and the HST Pullman company?
Richard08

Post by Richard08 »

centenary wrote:Yes, I get that other retailers may have some stock and Hattons, for whatever reason, dont. I think the point at issue is Hatton's say production has been 'cancelled' and they dont know the reasons for this. If the Hatton's email is taken at face value, maybe it's a royalties issue between Hornby and the HST Pullman company?
Or production problems, canceled due to lack of interest(always possible we don't get to see the numbers so can never know), or production went horribly wrong and found too late, or perhaps the ship sank/container got lost, hence the "if it is reinstated". If it were legal I'd expect more "when/if resolved". Or Hornby might just have it in for Hattons...
Dad-1

Post by Dad-1 »

Strange as there are still a few in the market place.
I mean a few, one stockist says 3 available at just under £350, a special
offer ?
I'm wondering if a second production run has been cancelled due to insufficient
trade orders ?? I wouldn't want to pay between £350 -390 for a pair of Blue Pullman
HST power cars.

A sign of reducing spend ?

Geoff T