Hornby Select R8213 Firmware 1.0 help

Post all your DCC only problems, solutions and discoverys here.
roy0147

Hornby Select R8213 Firmware 1.0 help

Post by roy0147 »

I am very new to dcc, having used dc up to now and it is a bit difficult at the moment so I hope someone will be kind enough to try and help me please?
The layout I bought included a Hornby Select R8213 at Firmware 1.0 and I have been able to change the loco. addresses, turn lights on and run the locos.
Unfortunately the operating instructions I have are for Firmware 1.5 and my unit does not seem to follow some of the information. Loco. acceleration and deceleration and speed step change e.g.
I do not know what the various functions are, except for F0 - lights. So I can call up F1, F2 etc. but do not know how this affects the operation.

I have a Minitrix 2161 diesel bought second hand and was told the address was 109. I have changed this to a 2 digit address and when I turn the speed control there is a long delay before the loco. starts to move and a long delay after I turn the speed down before it stops. When it runs it is smooth but very slow and no lights are showing ( bought as working). I don't know what I can do to alter the situation.

Firstly has anyone got access to instructions for 1.0 and are there any suggestions as to how I can improve my Minitrix running and change parameters on my other locos.?
Roger (RJ)

Re: Hornby Select R8213 Firmware 1.0 help

Post by Roger (RJ) »

I recommend you upgrade the Select to the latest firmware (version 1.6) as it makes a huge improvement to the functionality and capabilities of the controller. Cost is £15 plus your postage costs to send it to Hornby. You must get a returns number from Hornby before sending it off.
Flashbang

Re: Hornby Select R8213 Firmware 1.0 help

Post by Flashbang »

Hi, do as Roger (RJ) has recommended and get the Select firmware upgraded by Hornby. You cannot do this upgrade yourself!
Firmware v1.0 is full of issues that cause poor DCC operation. Currently the upgrade will be to firmware version 1.6!
[Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Broken? It was working correctly when I left it.