Lima N gauge

Welcome to New Railway Modellers Forum. Read the Introduction and Terms and conditions of New Railway Modellers model railway forum. Introduce yourself to the members in this section.
Ronnie

Lima N gauge

Post by Ronnie »

Hi I am Ronnie from Scottish Borders
I am looking for spares for a lima diesel shunter loco number D2725 I believe this model dates back to 1973 can anyone out there point me in the right direction also a service sheet would be nice not that there will be much to it
Thank you
Ronnie
Bigmet

Re: Lima N gauge

Post by Bigmet »

Hi and welcome. I think you will be in for an extended search, relatively little came up on a 'UK lima n gauge' search term, and the most extensive discussion it yielded was on this site from 2013, attached in case it is useful. Hope this may be some help.
https://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/F ... hp?t=41372

The N gauge society site maight be worth examination, bound to have some knowledgeable members.
https://www.ngaugesociety.org/sandpit/
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

It was only when I was asked to sell off of some hoarded models that I came across some Lima N gauge items. At the time of their release it made so little impression on my mind that I had to look back through my back numbers to find that, yes indeed Lima did release some UK N gauge models.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Richard08

Post by Richard08 »

There are three 0-4-0 shunters on eBay, with a slightly different running number. If those are the ones, they appear to be plonked on a 'Eurpopean' chassis of some description. It'll be a tedious search, but if you can find out which one then spares may be much easier to find.