Another DCC controller entering the market soon

Post all your DCC only problems, solutions and discoverys here.
End2end

Another DCC controller entering the market soon

Post by End2end »

I received an email from Sig-naTrak about a business change and also about their forthcoming new DCC controller.

"All sales, marketing and product distribution is now being handled by GLR Bespoke services - a well established outlet for model railway products, based in the Vale of Glamorgan in South Wales.
The new arrangement is that everyone buys Sig-naTrak products through GLR. That said, any traders will still enjoy the current rate of discount and new trade customers are welcome to contact GLR.
The DAC22 is now available, currently with a lead time of 7-10 days, and the development of the ACE-3 controller continues (release date TBA).
"

Here's the new ACE-3 controller information.
https://www.glrailways.co.uk/ace-3-dcc- ... 1820-p.asp
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
Richard08

Re: Another DCC controller entering the market soon

Post by Richard08 »

And free too! Oh... small print. Sad face. Not quite getting the word 'robust' looking at the little black switches on the handset. Order one and then we'll tell you how much is definitely an interesting marketing strategy ;-)
End2end

Re: Another DCC controller entering the market soon

Post by End2end »

Richard08 wrote:And free too! Oh... small print. Sad face. Not quite getting the word 'robust' looking at the little black switches on the handset. Order one and then we'll tell you how much is definitely an interesting marketing strategy ;-)
Free? If only. :lol:
I think that picture is from the ACE-2 rather than ACE-3.
More small print...
"New Hand Controller type - likely to be an enhance version of the current simple Hand Controller. This is likely to include the ability to select locos on the handset rather than having to use the base station"

The Forward / reverse switch on one of the original handsets for my ACE-2 needs replacing which will be done under warranty.
The push buttons are fine though.
I have 4 add-on handsets. The other 3 have been working fine too. :)
I wonder if the new handsets will work on my controller version?
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread