Dapol 00 Gauge Manor.

Discuss Dapol Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
sir hayden

Dapol 00 Gauge Manor.

Post by sir hayden »

I'm surprised this hasn't been made into a thread, Dapol are doing the sound fitted variants on their site, as well as 7820 as a 70th birthday release in conjunction with the GWSR, the dcc ready and dcc decoder fitted locos are available via retailers, except for 7820 as that is only available via their site and the GWSR via emailing them.
Bigmet

Re: Dapol 00 Gauge Manor.

Post by Bigmet »

That was Hattons announcing before Dapol's planned date, so the information possibly hasn't yet reached everyone potentially interested? There had already been significant speculation that the Dapol GWR mogul would be followed by the Manor, much as dawn is followed by day.

Just the Hawksworth County as the last GWR 4-6-0 without a 'current standard' model announced or available. 'Dapol's own' among GWR 4-6-0s, as it is their tooling, now in Hornby's ownership, from which the only OO RTR model of the class is made.
6C

Post by 6C »

Looks to be a completely new version - with no relation to Mainline or Bachmann forebears...
Pete

Fetch me a bottle of your finest Chateau Bichon Frise '65 !!
6C

Post by 6C »

It's in the general catalogue - along with the Large Prairie and Mogul - worth a look :

http://www.dapol.co.uk/Catalogue/

Catalogue updated 3/3/20.
Pete

Fetch me a bottle of your finest Chateau Bichon Frise '65 !!
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

It is definitely an all new product, and should have all the advantage of the more compact motors and drive trains now available to enable the exterior form to be correct. (That alone will put it well ahead of the dated Mainline/Bachmann model first tooled around 40 years ago. Bachmann have shown no signs of renewing their smaller GWR tender locos that have only ever been made in split chassis form, and not produced for ten? years or more...)

I am new to Dapol, my first loco purchase earlier this year of the NBL DE type 2 (TOPS class 21) in original all over BR green. It's good. If Dapol can match or exceed the standard of that model on steam locos I will be a happy customer. It's not in their swish online catalogue of course, (I went right through the OO section only) but they also have in hand a commission in OO from RoS and the NRM for the SECR Wainwright D class 4-4-0. In the opinion of many the most elegant 4-4-0 ever to run in the UK. Might I buy a model of this classic design? You guess.
sir hayden

Post by sir hayden »

Plus the price for the new 78xx as well as the new 43xx are bargins compared to what the big two charge for a tender loco, even the Dapol/GWSR exclusive model of 7820 Dinmore Manor is that same price, which blows me away to be honest, and it might be the one I get.
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Retailers now advertising availability in June. Looks like Dapol may beat Accurascale to the line, theirs is shown as Q3 this year.
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

No wonder it wasn't widely known about the interface to that catalogue is totally ott. and leaves you looking at a picture of the text. I found it difficult to read at any magnification.
Sledgehammers and walnuts!
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Dapol have just put up photos of production samples.
https://www.dapol.co.uk/78XX-Manor-Prod ... ve-Arrived

Dapol have put a 'flower pot' on their models, instead of a parallel chimney. I foresee lots of 'where do I get a better chimney from?' queries...
Mike Parkes

Post by Mike Parkes »

And the flying in mid air footplate over the right hand cylinder.
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

There's just so much wrong with the Dapol Manor, before we even talk about the pasty green to match(?) Hornby's horrible shade. (I really know relatively little about Swindon's products, and if the errors leap out at me...)
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Arriving at retailers now 'tis said.
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

And 6 weeks on, the silence is deafening! This was supposedly a regular 'most wanted' loco in the more recent surveys. Or is it a case of waiting for the Accurascale model before deciding on a purchase?
D605Eagle

Post by D605Eagle »

Dapol have just announced a second run of these, so they must have sold well.From what I've picked up, apart from the firebox shape being a bit out, there's not a lot wrong with these, and the run well.