Evening all.

Welcome to New Railway Modellers Forum. Read the Introduction and Terms and conditions of New Railway Modellers model railway forum. Introduce yourself to the members in this section.
David53

Evening all.

Post by David53 »

Hello there

Joined a few years ago but have been far too busy with DIY around the home. But now I have a little free time at last.

Hoping to build a nice layout in my attic next to my FDM printers.

Cheers
Bigmet

Re: Evening all.

Post by Bigmet »

David53 wrote:... now I have a little free time at last...
Just don't say that out loud! Have you had a layout previously and are there ideas already formed of what the layout might comprise?

Have fun whatever, and do share.
David53

Re: Evening all.

Post by David53 »

Hello there.

Hehehe. Yes I’m not too vocal about the ‘free time’.

I had the oval Hornsby HST back in the 70/80. Then had a duchess of sutherland one Yule tide. Very much just a carpet layout.

Currently have the Hornby euro star set with all the add on your packs. Plus the second hand track from an 8x4 layout my partner got me.

Setup wise I’m in the attic with a baseboard fitted between the trusses giving me a 3.5m x .700mm clear area to build on. The baseboard is actually 1200mm deep and goes behind the trusses.

That’s it for the moment. Layout wise I have some ideas including a hinged base at one end at right angles to the main base between a pair of rafters which would add a 1200mm x 450mm area.

Steam era most likely, as my partner got me the duchess of Sutherland, shunting yard, branch line and a loop hidden behind the back trusses. Town and country style scenery but with little nods to classic era sci-fi (war of the worlds tripod) and other small Easter eggs dotted around.

Very early days at the moment :-D

Cheers