While Waiting For The P-Way To Get Their Fingers Out...

What are you up to on your workbench
Richard08

Re: While Waiting For The P-Way To Get Their Fingers Out...

Post by Richard08 »

Tis done. A combination of, to me anyway, a 'classic design' and ABS's superb white metal castings made this a a very enjoyable kit. The method of fixing the the running boards it really neat! It weighs a ton and is difficult to pick up without risking bending something. Over to the painting & decorating dept and then the glaziers. Next is an MMP Catfish.
DSC01379.resized.JPG
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Handsome! I expect the late and lamented Adrian would have been pleased to know that a kit was being constructed by someone that knew them well by experience in service and prepared to get it right. He was a very demanding character and wouldn't settle for second best. Not many know this, but among other things he was responsible for detail design work on Concorde. My Pa very much regretted his resignation from Filton, and considered it a real loss that his capability was taken from UK aerospace design, to be employed in model railway products.
Richard08

Post by Richard08 »

The MCV is now all but done, maybe just a smidge of 'dirt' on the transfers, but I'll give it a good stare before deciding. And a load. At least the 'plastic' hue has gone.
DSC01381.resized.JPG
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

That looks real.