Platform Lights - O Gauge

Discussion of large gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (1 gauge, O gauge, S gauge etc)
Richard08

Platform Lights - O Gauge

Post by Richard08 »

With things nearing completion, I'm looking for working (or can be made working easily) platform lights in O gauge, either GWR electric (even gas if it comes to it), SR concrete art deco or BR. All available in 4mm, but cannot find any in O. The Peco GWR and Duncan Models ones have solid posts as far as I can tell, so not really what I'm after. Any ideas?
Cheers!
Richard08

Re: Platform Lights - O Gauge

Post by Richard08 »

Just to follow up.... the Peco platform lights, 7mm scale, it turns out have hollow posts. Using Layouts4u Nano LEDs there is a small slot either side of top locating pegs in the Peco lamp that the wires fit through nicely. The base for the actual lantern has two lugs for locating it, filing off one of the other corners a little lets the wires through nicely. The lamp/burner part has a hole (or you could remove the lamp/burner) that the LED can mounted in. Job done. I'd have preferred SR concrete ones, but GWR will do I guess. Unfortunately I deleted the photos...