Lima loco 45xx 5557 LIMA 205014A5 service sheet wanted

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren and Oxford Rail).
GeoffreyN

Lima loco 45xx 5557 LIMA 205014A5 service sheet wanted

Post by GeoffreyN »

Sorry to keep asking questions but I picked up this OO 2-6-2 small prairie loco in Köln on one of regular visits there.

It runs OK, maybe a bit noisy so I feel it could do with a service.

Has anyone any idea where Lima store their service sheets on the web? I have googled to no avail.

The box quotes its model number and the fact it was made in Italy.
Bigmet

Re: Lima loco 45xx 5557 LIMA 205014A5 service sheet wanted

Post by Bigmet »

Usual 'go to' site is Lendons very useful listing.
http://www.lendonsmodelshop.co.uk/?butt ... heets=none
But nothing listed for this model. (Lima is extinct as a brand, so there will be no maker's site, it's enthusiast and supportive dealer territory.)

It won't be difficult to get inside, memory says just a couple of slot head screws on the underside to release the body.

Old thread here:
https://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/F ... hp?t=45725
Mountain

Re: Lima loco 45xx 5557 LIMA 205014A5 service sheet wanted

Post by Mountain »

They are pretty easy to open up and service. Everything is easy to get to and disssemble or reassemble. The only thing to take care is that the little springs can spring off that hold the littlw brushes in but I have found more then one other manufcturers springs and brushes will fit including Hornbys Ringfield motors, so getting brushes and springs if one accidently looses any should not be a problem.
And as so many people have converted their Lima diesels to run off CD motors instead which gives them ultra smooth motors but may not pull as much as the Lima motors one will often see the occasional Lima complete armature for sale as if they have made the conversion they no longer need the insides of the Lima motor so keep a look out!
Though the magnets are a circular ring, they have a little slot to ensure they can only go in the right way around. Lima thought of everything so one really can't go wrong. No need for a worm puller. The cog is part of the armature and if one undoes the motor screws the whole armature comes out as one piece.