Greetings from Eastleigh, Hampshire

Welcome to New Railway Modellers Forum. Read the Introduction and Terms and conditions of New Railway Modellers model railway forum. Introduce yourself to the members in this section.
dfarndale

Greetings from Eastleigh, Hampshire

Post by dfarndale »

Hello all - just to say thanks for adding me to this group.

I live a few miles from Eastleigh, Hampshire - well known for its locomotive, carriage and wagon building and repair facility. The London and South Western Railway (LSWR) opened a carriage and wagon works there in 1891.

I am a complete rookie in terms of operating and building anything model railway (despite owning a model shop in the 1980s) but about to embark on a O-16.5, 7mm narrow gauge layout (2m x 1m size) for granddad (me!) to play with grandson (although only 2 years-old) ;-) ...and why not...plus I love all things narrow gauge.

I have already purchased all the Peco "narrow gauge" Code 100 flexi track I need; plus 10 Peco electrofrog narrow gauge points, 7x Hornby 0-4-0 donor locos (all quite new, China production with can motor types) for conversion to O-16.5; and a bunch of other things. I have some questions to post ....hoping someone can help me out with and advise.

Belated Happy New Year!

David F
...love everything Narrow Gauge railways!
glencairn

Re: Greetings from Eastleigh, Hampshire

Post by glencairn »

Welcome on board, David F. A friendly bunch here and a few 0-16.5 7mm narrow gauge people in the crowd. :)

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought
heda

Re: Greetings from Eastleigh, Hampshire

Post by heda »

Welcome, I know of the Eastleigh facility, I'm in Wimborne but one of my daughters lives in Swaythling, you've got a decent model shop locally too.

I'll echo Glencairns comments, the narrow gauger's on here will soon find you and offer you loads of advice and help.

Dave