Modelling High Wycombe Railway station in Broad Gauge

Have any questions or tips and advice on how to build those bits that don't come ready made.
David Bigcheeseplant

Modelling High Wycombe Railway station in Broad Gauge

Post by David Bigcheeseplant »

A7.PNG
A6.PNG
A4.PNG
It has been a plan of mine to build the old Brunnel Railway station at High Wycombe as it was 1854-64 for at least 25 years. The station was the terminus of a single broad gauge line from Maidenhead. When the line was extented to Thame in 1862 the running lines bypassed the old station and trains had to reverse in and old of the old station, before a replacement station was built and the old Brunel train shed became an goods shed. The building still survives today and is currently undergoing restoration.

The images shown here are from my design drawn up in Fusion 360, from this I can export parts to the laser cutter to produce a kit of parts that I will then be able to make a physical model. I intend to make it as accurate as I can so will also need to make my own broad gauge track and locos and stock.

David
Attachments
BW17.png
BW16.png
Ex-Pat

Re: Modelling High Wycombe Railway station in Broad Gauge

Post by Ex-Pat »

Very interesting project - I feel a certain affinity, having walked the Bourne End to Wooburn section last summer. (Not to mention having been in the pub opposite the trainshed several times!)