Football pitch size.

Having a problem making your model railway layout look real. Post questions and share the results of your model railway scenery here.
Johnmay

Football pitch size.

Post by Johnmay »

I have a OO layout and I’d like to include a football pitch. What would be the approx scale size be ?.
Just had a thought that I could perhaps do a 5 aside pitch, I’m assuming they are smaller.
Cheers
Bufferstop

Re: Football pitch size.

Post by Bufferstop »

Even your 5 aside pitch will look quite large
Your FA pitch comes in at around 1.2 mtr by 0.6 mtr in 00. If you put down the usual train set oval it would just about fit in the centre with room for a row of terracing around it. Even a five aside pitch at half the length is a sizeable object to find room for. Using modellers license to compress it will leave you problems to solve. One of the Peco exhibition centre layouts has part of a pitch, but it's a pretty big layout to start with. If you didn't want the pitch but just to show that your railway served the stadium you could model the outside wall of a stand, with a floodlight tower at each end and a station with lots of crush barriers leading to the platform.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Johnmay

Re: Football pitch size.

Post by Johnmay »

I think I’ll just have a few people having a kick about on the village green. I don’t have the space for a scale size pitch.