Wifi Camera

Basic electrical and electronics, such as DC/Analog control.
paddynski

Wifi Camera

Post by paddynski »

Hi

I wish to install a wifi camera in one of my DC HO locos.
Any recommendations and advice?

Best wishes

Patrick
RAF96

Re: Wifi Camera

Post by RAF96 »

Battery operated or rechargeable camera it is presumed as DC power is only present on track when throttle is applied.
RAF Halton Brat - 96th Entry
http://www.halton96th.org.uk/robs_rails.html
β-tester
paddynski

Post by paddynski »

RAF96 wrote:Battery operated or rechargeable camera it is presumed as DC power is only present on track when throttle is applied.
Plus rectifier as track power can be either way.
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

Going back a decade ago or prehaps a bit more then a decade,there was a small backyard company that made them to sell to customers in the UK. I do not remember who it was who made them.
Ironduke

Post by Ironduke »

Regards
Rob
Buggleskelly

Post by Buggleskelly »

Why not use one of those mini wifi cams you see on places like Amazon. Only 22mm square and start at about £13. Just put in place on a flat wagon with a tiny dab of bluetak. These cameras not only record, see in the dark, but stream to your smartphone.
Peterm

Post by Peterm »

Mountain wrote:Going back a decade ago or prehaps a bit more then a decade,there was a small backyard company that made them to sell to customers in the UK. I do not remember who it was who made them.
Are you thinking of Branor?
Pete.
paddynski

Post by paddynski »

Buggleskelly wrote:Why not use one of those mini wifi cams you see on places like Amazon. Only 22mm square and start at about £13. Just put in place on a flat wagon with a tiny dab of bluetak. These cameras not only record, see in the dark, but stream to your smartphone.
That does not give me a driver's view but it is a solution.
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

Peterm wrote:
Mountain wrote:Going back a decade ago or prehaps a bit more then a decade,there was a small backyard company that made them to sell to customers in the UK. I do not remember who it was who made them.
Are you thinking of Branor?
I honestly can't remember. It is something I liked the idea of but I did not pay much attention to it other then looking at the idea as I was not in the market to buy one. One tends to only then look at prices and makes if one has further interest at the time. I remember thinking to myself that one could no longer get away with providing scenic work on the side of the layout that will be seen if one bought one.
matthewhyden181

Post by matthewhyden181 »

With WiFi on your camera you establish a wireless connection between your camera and your phone, tablet, computer, or printer. It's also possible to connect two cameras with each other via WiFi. The camera has its own WiFi network that transmits signals.