Mainly 3D Printed LNER Locomotives in N gauge

Have any questions or tips and advice on how to build those bits that don't come ready made.
RBTKraisee

Re: Mainly 3D Printed LNER Locomotives in N gauge

Post by RBTKraisee »

Just started the thread about the King's Cross build. here.

Ross.
"The meek shall inherit the Earth. The rest of us are going to the Stars." -Robert Heinlein/Lazarus Long.
Atso

Post by Atso »

Hi Ross,

That's an impressive bit of CAD work, nicely done!

Paul's King's Cross doesn't actually include the good yard; that was on the other side of Gas Works Tunnel and was massive. However, he does represent the transfer goods trains that ran via the widen lines to the Southern region. Copenhagen Fields, the 30 odd foot 2mm Finescale layout, represents a little of the goods yard, but wisely left most of it (and Top Shed) off scene. Have a look here for a feel of how big the goods yard would have been, the layout stops at York Road, about 90% of the yard was beyond that point. https://www.mendotraintony.com/copenhag ... l-railway/

I like your idea of being able to backdate your version of King's Cross but be aware that the track layout has change significantly since the 1960's (just in case you were considering going that far back!).

Back to the carriages. The Third, other than couplings, passengers and foot boards, is done.

I've started work on the 58'6" Buffet that will eventually run in the same set.

The bogies have been borrowed from a Dapol coach and will be replaced with etched ones in due course.

I've also made a start at designing the 58'6" Brake Thirds that will top and tail the rake.

Steve
End2end

Post by End2end »

Superb modelling Atso. As one with a perchant of interior detailing, those coach interiors are amazing! All that and in N too. :shock:
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
RBTKraisee

Post by RBTKraisee »

Stunning work. I particularly love the bottles and plates! I'll have to remember that whenever I go to detail my carriages.

Ross.
"The meek shall inherit the Earth. The rest of us are going to the Stars." -Robert Heinlein/Lazarus Long.
Spacesquirrel47

Post by Spacesquirrel47 »

Hi , Great work , would you consider sharing your STL s as I have a 3d printer and would like to print some of your creation's
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

I have not seen Atso posting for a while. I hope he is ok.

He is an amazing modeller. You should see his scratchbuilt track!
mattmay05

Post by mattmay05 »

Stunning work on the CAD's the models aren't bad either :lol:

Its my pet hate that people ask for free STL files after all that time and effort someone puts in to research and creating something then that person expects it for nothing... mmm I know what my answer would be.
- Youtube/bluebellModelrailway
- https://railway-modeller-mw.weebly.com/
- VECTIS 3D: mademe.co.uk/shop/vectis-3d-models/