Grass & track info' please

Having a problem making your model railway layout look real. Post questions and share the results of your model railway scenery here.
Steamingon

Grass & track info' please

Post by Steamingon »

I just want to cover my layout with grass coloured effect & cork or whatever is recommended. Nothing special to start with. I've looked at ebay & Amazon but I thought I would seek advice here first. Would cheap green felt do, or does that look tatty?
heda

Re: Grass & track info' please

Post by heda »

Probably the quickest / easiest way is grass mat.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363576431451 ... 2800086738

But I think you will find it bland without adding other features, I would suggest you use cheap acrylic to paint grass, roads and any other features on the board first, then there's buildings and trees it all adds interest watching trains run through cuttings and tunnels.

Dave
Steamingon

Post by Steamingon »

heda wrote:Probably the quickest / easiest way is grass mat.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363576431451 ... 2800086738

But I think you will find it bland without adding other features, I would suggest you use cheap acrylic to paint grass, roads and any other features on the board first, then there's buildings and trees it all adds interest watching trains run through cuttings and tunnels.

Dave
Thanks.
b308

Post by b308 »

I use grassmat as well, but don't lay it completely flat, stick some bits of screwed up newspaper under it to give some undulations. I also sprinkle some flock of various other shades of green to break up the single colour.
Steamingon

Post by Steamingon »

b308 wrote:I use grassmat as well, but don't lay it completely flat, stick some bits of screwed up newspaper under it to give some undulations. I also sprinkle some flock of various other shades of green to break up the single colour.
Thanks for the advice.