Bachmann/farish Class 08 components

Discussion of N gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (Graham Farish, Dapol, Peco)
paulc2

Bachmann/farish Class 08 components

Post by paulc2 »

Hi folks

So I did the age old dopey thing of dismantling something without taking any pictures...

Now I'm left with a half dismantled shunter and a strange problem. So I took out the pickups to give them a clean and since putting it back together I get a dead short so clearly something isn't right there. But more interesting/confusing is that if I now put a test meter against the +ive and -ive terminals on the loco with the pickups removed it also gives a dead short which doesn't make sense.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

Cheers
Paul
Flashbang

Re: Bachmann/farish Class 08 components

Post by Flashbang »

Just a thought.... Did you remove the wheels on their axles? If so one (or more) sets may have been refitted the wrong way around?
[Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Broken? It was working correctly when I left it.
paulc2

Post by paulc2 »

Thanks for the suggestion flashbang, unfortunately pretty much the only thing I didn't touch were the axles!
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

paulc2 wrote:...if I now put a test meter against the +ive and -ive terminals on the loco with the pickups removed it also gives a dead short... Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this?...
More information required. What are you describing as the '+ive and -ive terminals on the loco' ? (If these are the motor terminals, then you will get as near as nothing a dead short.)