Better glue for Model Power houses

Having a problem making your model railway layout look real. Post questions and share the results of your model railway scenery here.
Cypisek

Better glue for Model Power houses

Post by Cypisek »

At the beginning of the pandemic, I was looking for some buildable models, cottages, etc. in American climates. I found houses on the internet auction. I acquired some of them for a very bargain price. These houses turned out to be nothing else but Model Power products, which overseas cost about $30. Everything is great but there was a small problem with gluing the elements. Regular model glue did not glue them properly and some houses fell apart. Can you please advise me on a better glue to hold these houses together?
21C1

Re: Better glue for Model Power houses

Post by 21C1 »

What do you call 'regular model glue'? What are the models made of?
Ironduke

Post by Ironduke »

I've built several Model Power kits using Revell Contacta Professional glue. As far as I'm aware they are "normal" plastic, although I suppose the formula may be slightly different in different countries.
Regards
Rob
End2end

Post by End2end »

Ironduke wrote:I've built several Model Power kits using Revell Contacta Professional glue. As far as I'm aware they are "normal" plastic, although I suppose the formula may be slightly different in different countries.
A word of caution using the Revell glue. If you add too much you'll melt plastic. I know it melts plastic somewhat to give a good bond but don't overdo it like I did. :oops:
Totally my fault I know, but I decided to try to fill in a chimney with Revell glue to give it more strength and the chimney sides ended up melted. :?
I use Deluxe Materials Plastic Kit Glue now.
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

I use Contacta in the small bottle with a long thin needle dispenser. I stopper it by pushing a Peco track pin down the bore, need the varifocals cleaning to do that. Then pull the pin out next time I want to use it. I don't know what happens between Contacta and blackened steel pins, but I'll never use too much by accident!
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions