HM Baseboards Query

Discussion of model railway baseboard design and construction
jackshepherd

HM Baseboards Query

Post by jackshepherd »

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has ordered a baseboard from HM Baseboards before, if so how long did it take to arrive?

I ordered one of their kits early last week, and haven't heard anything since, although the money has been taken. I know they may have been shut over the festive period, but an email was sent asking for an update over the weekend with no reply.

Hope someone can help.
Modelling a railway is a form of art, which means there's no such thing as perfection....
Bufferstop

Re: HM Baseboards Query

Post by Bufferstop »

Many smaller companies use 3rd party to collect payment on-line (Worldpay is a common one) and it happens automatically, so there may well have been no-one there to respond to you. Today's the real first day back for an awful lot of businesses. Give them another 24hrs to respond then try e-mailing again.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Flashbang

Post by Flashbang »

Harry Maynard (HM) makes baseboards in his own workshop located in Woodchurch village, Nr, Ashford, Kent. Unfortunately he is not one the fastest people with replies by email! I would phone him directly - 01233 860008 or 01233 861217. His small village shop is not the place he makes the baseboards and you may speak to Mrs M? But they should be able to help you.
[Image << Click the Icon to go to my website
Broken? It was working correctly when I left it.
jackshepherd

Post by jackshepherd »

Cheers for the replies, still waiting for a reply from the first email, will try and call at some point.
Modelling a railway is a form of art, which means there's no such thing as perfection....
jackshepherd

Post by jackshepherd »

So just a little update.

Called up the first week of January and spoke to Mrs M who said lots of people have ordered kits recently so I'd have a 2-3 week wait. Going to call up tomorrow to see if there is any news on my order, hopefully good.
jackshepherd

Post by jackshepherd »

So to add to this I called up last week and spoke to Mrs M, who said it's likely to turn up at some point next week, although it didn't feel me with confidence.

Called up not long ago today and Mrs M said she'll call me back once she finds out some info on my board kit, so fingers crossed. I wouldn't be this inpatient if I didn't need to keep calling up to find out what's going on. I have everything I need to build a layout except the baseboard.
jackshepherd

Post by jackshepherd »

So just got the call back from Mrs M, apparently Mr M has missed my order somehow, which isn't great if I'm honest. I believe she's gonna have another look and hopefully I hear back again soon.