Wagon load

crazypotter

Wagon load

Post by crazypotter »

Hi. A pal of mine gave me a bachmann "crocodile" wellwagon. I am looking for a load for it to fill the space. Something like a large boiler would suit or suitable large load. Any of you guys know where l can get something of that nature without having to buy the whole wagon. Many thanks.
stuartp

Re: Wagon load

Post by stuartp »

Bachmann apparently sell (sold ?) the boilers separately:

https://www.hattons.co.uk/6979/bachmann ... etail.aspx

JH Russell's book "Freight Wagons and Loads in service on the GWR and BR" shows a variety of heavy castings/forgings and other bits of machinery on various Crocodiles - also a motor boat, a ship's anchor, and a tracked excavator. Failing that, it will have come back empty from wherever it was going (I doubt these were 'loaded both ways' very often) so some timber packing and chains/shackles stacked neatly in the well would give that impression.
Portwilliam - Southwest Scotland in the 1960s, in OO - http://stuart1968.wordpress.com/
End2end

Post by End2end »

Funny enough I decided to search for "3d printed" in the "model railway and trains" category on ebay today. There's some great items that would suit the bill for loads.
Hope it helps.
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
heda

Post by heda »

Or put a something (anything) on there and cover it with a tarpaulin
Dave
D0260

Post by D0260 »

How about a pair of coach bogies, roped down to the crocodile, and a small tarp , which gives a lilttle peek of whats underneath....
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Large steel fabrications are good too: silos, catalytic crackers, centrifugal separators, overhead crane carriages, bridge deck sections. An attractive feature sometime seen on these is advertising of the maker and/or the item's purpose.
luckymucklebackit

Post by luckymucklebackit »

Narrow Gauge Loco?

Face optional

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
Ironduke

Post by Ironduke »

Have you found anything yet, crazypotter? My effort.

Regards
Rob