Exihibition at Gaydon

Flag up Exhibitions and Events in your area, or that others may not hear about.
Bufferstop

Exihibition at Gaydon

Post by Bufferstop »

Just returned from the Motor Museum, the replacement for "The Great Electric Train show" is on today and tomorrow. Certainly not the scrum of previous years "they've learned not to put the keynote layout" at the top of the Escalators! Some of the medium sized layouts have been put in the syndicate rooms, with two doors encouraging a through movement. Live steam and larger scales getting a good look in including a miniature railway in 1/12th scale, that's big. More second hand as well as box shifting and a good dusting of demo's and society stands dotted around the main rooms. It's on tomorrow if you are interested, but the shuttle buses to Leamington Station were only today.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Buelligan

Re: Exihibition at Gaydon

Post by Buelligan »

Bufferstop wrote:Just returned from the Motor Museum, the replacement for "The Great Electric Train show" is on today and tomorrow. Certainly not the scrum of previous years "they've learned not to put the keynote layout" at the top of the Escalators! Some of the medium sized layouts have been put in the syndicate rooms, with two doors encouraging a through movement. Live steam and larger scales getting a good look in including a miniature railway in 1/12th scale, that's big. More second hand as well as box shifting and a good dusting of demo's and society stands dotted around the main rooms. It's on tomorrow if you are interested, but the shuttle buses to Leamington Station were only today.
I think we got there at the wrong time, as for the first half we couldn’t really get close enough to any layouts to see anything. Seemed to clear up a bit after around 11:30. Nice to see some different things, OO live steam club and the larger live steam locos in the back rooms. Couple of bargains, £5 for a good condition intercity coach (good condition until I took the price sticker off, which removed part of the red/white stripe along the wide. And an older intercity coach my son wanted, for £8.50.

A good day out, and had time to wander round the museum too.
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

I take it you didn't attend the previous exhibitions organised by Hornby Magazine, before they moved to Milton Keynes, they had perfected the art of preventing any sort of movement between the hours of 11:30 and 16:00.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Buelligan

Post by Buelligan »

No, this is the first year I've been to any railway exhibitions since I was about 8, so that's around 22 years.
I didn't think the little rooms really worked for layouts, too small in the rooms and too congested in the corridor, but the rest was good.