Winter is coming early.

Post your narrow gauge model railway questions here. That includes model railway narrow track gauges Nn3 to Gn15 and beyond!.
Brian2

Winter is coming early.

Post by Brian2 »

The new 009 layout progresses. Seems a little odd, modelling snow in July sunshine. Gin and Tonics keep holding up progress ;)

Imageuntitled (1 of 1)-6 by Brian Tompkins, on Flickr

The idea is lots of nothing, a gravel works one end and a shed tother end. A tunnel will hide the little fiddle yard on the narrow section. Peo Electro frogs, might use a tiny micro switch for point operation, but no wiring. in fact the total wiring amount to less then six feet plus a six foot bus wire.
Mountain

Re: Winter is coming early.

Post by Mountain »

I like it. I'd forgotten how small the little locos are in 009. Nice though.
Brian2

Post by Brian2 »

A bit undecided re the snowfall.

Imageuntitled (7 of 8)-2 by Brian Tompkins, on Flickr
Imageuntitled (8 of 8) by Brian Tompkins, on Flickr
End2end

Post by End2end »

Very nice. Very nice indeed. :D
I do prefer the green look though.
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
Brian2

Post by Brian2 »

Still awaiting winter.

Anyway this little 009 project has occupied the last 6/7 weeks. Now nearing completion, so what's next in the pipeline?

Imageuntitled (5 of 6)-2 by Brian Tompkins, on Flickr

Imageuntitled (6 of 6)-3 by Brian Tompkins, on Flickr

In fact edit. This was taken four weeks ago.
Imageuntitled (7 of 7)-2 by Brian Tompkins, on Flickr
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Trying to work out the story there. Is it something like nice little ng operation in France, some element of the RTR arrive and are temporarily wintering in the area while the ruckus in the Ardennes is stabilised. Meanwhile with little else to do their engineer support rips up all the railway infrastructure, cuts up the locos and any rolling stock and sells the metal to a wheeler dealer. ...And there's the dispatch rider bringing the statements to those involved, confirming that the proceeds are safely banked.

(This may seem cynical, but a late colleague served in Western Europe in the RASC as a truck driver. In the formerly occupied countries much had been hidden away, and now with liberation the owners were desperate to get their goods to markets where they would sell and thus begin to rebuild their fortunes. "And there I just happened to be, with a truck, fuelled and maintained by HMG." You have to say it in a gravelly cockney voice to get the full impact. Dear old Fred, he was hilarious.)