Bridport & District MRC - Exhibition 27th July

Flag up Exhibitions and Events in your area, or that others may not hear about.
Dad-1

Bridport & District MRC - Exhibition 27th July

Post by Dad-1 »

July already !!
Time to advertise the Bridport & District MRC Summer Exhibition.
To be held at : Sir John Colfox Academy, Ridgeway, Bridport, Dorset, DT6 3DT
On Saturday 27th July, 10.00 to 16.00 Hrs. Entry : Adults £5; Children £1; Under 5's Free.

I believe this is our 21st annual exhibition

This is a rare chance to see Castell Mawr in action, details can be found in the Layouts Under Construction topics.
We've had a couple of layout cancellations but will still have 28 Layouts in many scales & gauges for you to see.
These will include "Thomas & Friends visit Bride Bay" made for children to drive, again can be found the the Layouts Under Construction Topics,
as in fact will be "West Bay".

Too many for me to list individually, but following last years first successful exhibition at the new venue we have no doubt
you'll have a grand day there.

As we don't have access to kitchens refreshment are from a mobile unit in the FREE car parking area. Easy disabled access.

Geoff T.
Dad-1

Re: Bridport & District MRC - Exhibition 27th July

Post by Dad-1 »

One week to go !!

If you're on holiday, or live near enough to South Dorset call in. It's a hight quality exhibition and still just £5
for adults and £1 for children up to 16.

This little dear has been causing running problems. Now solved by a wheel-set change to Hornby as they have
deeper flanges and I think a slightly warped chassis was combining with fine scale wheels. I then had to sand
brake blocks down to free up.

I hope to be running many of the kits seen being built in my Workbench Thread. This one not used for a couple
of years

Geoff T.
Dad-1

Post by Dad-1 »

Tomorrow is our first set-up day.
Another layout cancelled for health reasons. This is a worrying trend and getting worse as
the average age of exhibitors is creeping up !!
One attempts to arrange visiting layouts early to help with space planning and all that sort
of thing, but we have now lost 3, Ruptured Aorta, Heart Problems and Cancer.

Anyway that aside Castell Mawr ready for loading into the hired van & driver, Thomas to go
in the same van. With our West Bay layout being taken by someone else who has access to
a small van. Should be a cracking show !!

If you're within striking distance, or on holiday around central southern Dorset pop in !!

See these in the flesh :-

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=35063&start=660#p630742

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=45861&start=180#p623796

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=53313&start=60#p661745

Geoff T.
End2end

Post by End2end »

Good luck with the exhibition.
I'll be on foot leaving from Lulworth cove going West on Saturday so sadly won't be able to make it but due to recent events I do hope you have some sort of security at the exhibition.
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread