Needing track plans for a branch line terminus.

Any questions about designing a model railway layout or problems with track work.
joshv8

Needing track plans for a branch line terminus.

Post by joshv8 »

Whilst building our current layout for the kids to run some trains, Luckymucklebackit made a comment I should have a crack at a branch line terminus. And you know, thats a great idea.
Only problem is I'm unsure on a track plan. If some of the good folk here could point me in a direction of some plans or share some ideas that would be great. We're comming to the end of the current build so I would like to get my head around the next project.
Bufferstop

Re: Needing track plans for a branch line terminus.

Post by Bufferstop »

I Don't know how well you might succeed in searching for this.
"Great Western Branch Line Termini: Combined Editon (Vols 1 & 2):
by Paul Karau (Author) "
How good are bookshops in Queensland?
I know it's specifically GWR but it has trackplans and building elevations for a number of branchlines with only the GWR and being a terminus in common. I can envisage that branch lines in Oz are probably somewhat different.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Dublo

Post by Dublo »

Hi Josh
From looking at you photos of 8 x 4 roundy round you have some LNER engines. There are some stations that might be of interest to you on
www.disused-stations.org.uk
footplate1947

Post by footplate1947 »

joshv8 wrote:Whilst building our current layout for the kids to run some trains, Luckymucklebackit made a comment I should have a crack at a branch line terminus. And you know, thats a great idea.
Only problem is I'm unsure on a track plan. If some of the good folk here could point me in a direction of some plans or share some ideas that would be great. We're comming to the end of the current build so I would like to get my head around the next project.
Hello Josh,,, I tried to post a couple of plans of typical branch line terminus stations for you to look at but I failed again as I have not managed to post any pics on here yet but I will get....In the mean time I found them by googling Branch line terminus station plans
That found a few so have go doing a search.
Sorry mine did not work. .........John
It worked last time I used it..............John
BrightonMan

Post by BrightonMan »

If you can find them it might be worth checking out the track plans books that CJ Freezer did for Peco many years ago, full of good ideas.
footplate1947

Post by footplate1947 »

Attachments
Bachmann GWR 3708 City class.jpg
Bachmann GWR 3708 City class.jpg
https://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Forums/download/file.php?mode=view&id=35454
https://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Forums/download/file.php?mode=view&id=35454
footplate1947

Post by footplate1947 »

Well I seem to have posted a picture of one of the track plans. Well, and 2 pictures of one of my locos as well and don't know why that happened. Still it is progress. :D
joshv8

Post by joshv8 »

Bufferstop wrote:I Don't know how well you might succeed in searching for this.
"Great Western Branch Line Termini: Combined Editon (Vols 1 & 2):
by Paul Karau (Author) "
How good are bookshops in Queensland?
I know it's specifically GWR but it has trackplans and building elevations for a number of branchlines with only the GWR and being a terminus in common. I can envisage that branch lines in Oz are probably somewhat different.
The bookshops are pretty generic. I may be be able to find it online however and sounds like good material to have. Branch lines in australia were really quite simple ( from what Ive seen) to those in the UK.
joshv8

Post by joshv8 »

Dublo wrote:Hi Josh
From looking at you photos of 8 x 4 roundy round you have some LNER engines. There are some stations that might be of interest to you on
http://www.disused-stations.org.uk
Thats great Dublo thanks!
joshv8

Post by joshv8 »

Thanks mate, good to see you got some photo's uploaded! And thats quite a good terminus track plan, I do like that.
joshv8

Post by joshv8 »

BrightonMan wrote:If you can find them it might be worth checking out the track plans books that CJ Freezer did for Peco many years ago, full of good ideas.
I actually have a couple of copys of this tucked away, from memory there were a few terminus plans in the back. Ill have to see what I can dig up. Its great getting input from members here as it gives different avenues to look at that I would not have had knowledge of.
UrbanHermit

Post by UrbanHermit »

There are lots of track plans in Modelling Branch Lines by David Wright. These are prototype plans, so would probably need compressing, and not all of them are termini, but you might find some inspiration here.
"I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere, and I'm here for the hell of it now." (Kirsty MacColl)
b308

Post by b308 »

joshv8

Post by joshv8 »

UrbanHermit wrote:There are lots of track plans in Modelling Branch Lines by David Wright. These are prototype plans, so would probably need compressing, and not all of them are termini, but you might find some inspiration here.
Thanks, looks like a nice book. Just picked up a copy on ebay for $32 Australian. Ive found a few books online now Ill pick up as finances permit.

b308 cheers, I had a look on googke a while back but it is mostly worth the refresher!