Jay Dee's new layout

Post your design ideas for any layout that you are planning to build in the future. Keep members up-to-date with your designs and future plans for your layout.
Jaydee

Jay Dee's new layout

Post by Jaydee »

Well I am about to start on my new layout 2.4 x 3.5 m base boards 12mm thick. this is the first time that I have ventured into model railroading. My main interests up util now have been RC planes and Boats my last model was of a 1.5 metre long version of the Mississippi paddle Steamer Robrt E Lee steam powered and fully lit up for night sailing. At the time that the photos were taken it was still unfinished, it is still in it's unfinished state because it hold some bad memories for me an and the things that were going on in my life at that time. I was diagnosed with stage 4 Non Hoskins lymphoma. and my wife of 46 years was wasting away with Dementia. I lost her 2 months after I finished my Chemo and everything went to hell in a hand basket. Now I am nearly 3 years in remission I have a new wife, a new home, a new beachside holiday resort area to live in and a new shed in that order so things are great now.
Tomorrow I will take some photos of the new layout and get back to talking about train stuff.
Attachments
THIS IS THE NEW SHED
THIS IS THE NEW SHED
76 under lights2.jpg
84 Queenscliffe Show 1.jpg
Mountain

Re: Jay Dee's new layout

Post by Mountain »

Impressive, especially when lit up! Very nice. Well done!
Dublo

Re: Jay Dee's new layout

Post by Dublo »

Hi Jay Dee
Glad you are well and truly in remission, that sounds like a very tough journey you went through there.
Wow that's some shed. :mrgreen:
Fantastic model making on the Robert E Lee.
Looking forward to watching your layout develop.