Lima GWR Parcels Railcar

Ask questions or give advice on any other model railway Manufacturers and Gauges
Rich123

Lima GWR Parcels Railcar

Post by Rich123 »

Can anyone advise if this model has power pick ups on both of the bogies? Thank you.
End2end

Re: Lima GWR Parcels Railcar

Post by End2end »

Do you have the model number for easier research? Perhaps by looking / downloading the service sheet?
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
Rich123

Post by Rich123 »

I believe the serial number is L204913. I have tried (and am still trying) to find a technical sheet online but so far without any success.
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Is this a recent production since the Hornby buyout, a Limby, or is it from Lima's independent days. If it's one of the older models with the Lima doughnut motor bogie it's likely to be one side picked up through the bogie frame the other from the trailing bogie via the bogie pivot.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
D605Eagle

Post by D605Eagle »

Yes it does! One side on the power bogie, and the other side on the trailing bogie. :D Why Lima thought in necessary to fit traction tyres to this I'll never know!
End2end

Post by End2end »

Rich123 wrote:I believe the serial number is L204913. I have tried (and am still trying) to find a technical sheet online but so far without any success.
The nearest I got to a service sheet was this list for lima service sheets (albeit on the Hornby site) but I don't know which one you would need.
https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/downloads/ ... at/48/?p=1
Perhaps another member knows which one?
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
Mike Parkes

Post by Mike Parkes »

Rich123 wrote:I believe the serial number is L204913. I have tried (and am still trying) to find a technical sheet online but so far without any success.
Doubt any existed, after all the majority of UK Lima bogie motive power was pretty much the same mechanically - a motor bogie clipped into the chassis with a wire running to a metal clip onto the pivot the other bogie.