Help required

What do you want from a model railway shop?
tcb1

Help required

Post by tcb1 »

Hi
I am not a Model Train Collector, but have been gifted a German Train set, that has been boxed for past 36-38 years, I have taken pictures of everything, hopefully someone may be able to advise on what to do with it?
Thanks in advance for any help.
It is fully electric and is made by Marklin
Last edited by tcb1 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lysander

Re: Help required

Post by Lysander »

When you say ‘what to do with it’, what exactly do you mean? Use? Sell? Photos would also help.

Tony
Men with false teeth may yet speak the truth.......
tcb1

Post by tcb1 »

hi
yes probably sell i have photos but they are too big a files to post here?
thanks
End2end

Post by End2end »

This is how to quickly resize pictures for the forum.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=53064&hilit=resize#p652047
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
tcb1

Post by tcb1 »

here is one
a.jpg
a.jpg (43.5 KiB) Viewed 2151 times
d.jpg
Attachments
c.jpg
b.jpg
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

Lovely stuff. Basically Marklins version of Hornby Dublo 3 rail, except Marklin used a springy stud contact version instead of a middle rail. Never had one though I do have a single piece of track with a bufferstop on it somewhere with my HD collection. I don't know prices but I expect them to be higher then Hornby Dublo items sell for. I seem to remember that Marklin stuff ran on 20volts AC? I maybe wrong in this.
luckymucklebackit

Post by luckymucklebackit »

tcb1 wrote:here is onea.jpgd.jpg
Best advice I can give if you want to part with the stuff is to get as much detail as you can on each item, ideally a part number which may be moulded into each model somewhere, then search for that part on ebay and see what prices they are going for, bear in mind the condition of your stock (and boxes if available) and look for completed sales, not the ludicrous inflated prices some dealers expect! You have then got the option of selling yourself on ebay or approaching a dealer. Dealers will try and pay the least they can think they can get away with, especially if they think that you are not familiar with the stock so take care and do your research.
If you do have the boxes, take care of them as they can enhance the sale value of any item, it may also be worthwhile getting the locomotive tested to ensure that it works, a dealer might help you with that if you are unsure of how to operate the loco.

Good example is the crane - currently on ebay for a range of prices from £30 to over £100 https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw ... 1&_sacat=0

Hope this helps

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge