Sleeper spacing ?

Any questions about designing a model railway layout or problems with track work.
pwarburton

Re: Sleeper spacing ?

Post by pwarburton »

Thanks John - interesting points. I was looking at some photos of the concrete sleepers through Chester station today - the narrow spacing with Peco track definitely looks wrong - my spacing is looking much closer so I'll stick with it - but be careful not to widen it any further. Thanks for your input.

Regards

Paul
Chesterfield is a modern image OO gauge layout. It uses NCE DCC and locomotives will be fitted with sound decoders. It draws its inspiration from near Chester station but also near Macclesfield that appeal to me. Era approx. early 1990's to present.
pete12345

Post by pete12345 »

I reckon the best compromise would be setting the sleeper spacing to a scale of 3.8mm/foot- halfway between 00 and HO. This way, the spacing would be less underscale compared to the locos, but not too overscale compared to the track.
bike2steam

Post by bike2steam »

I spent a few years dabbling in P4, and EM, then thought there must be more to life than this, and built a layout using Peco code 75. After taking the layout to a few dozen exhibitions, over a few years, the most common question was 'is it EM ?' - sez it all, who's kidding who?
Tom@Crewe

Post by Tom@Crewe »

The form below is for Great Western would it have been the same for London Midland (1960's)

True 1/76 is 10mm so what is the Proportionate 8.8mm for?

The 762mm is 2' 6"
Never enough time...........

Coppenhall Goods https://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/F ... 22&t=50174